AXPONA & Streamer Suggestions

How about one for $12.5K? :+1: $12950 Iā€™m sure is negotiable.

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised as a sever it is only 1 tB.

Thatā€™s a good price, but it has to wait because our Asia trip next week will cost at least a Statement for sure! :laughing:

I prefer a one box solution too, so I donā€™t need to get a new rack at the same time.

Wait, 1TB? That doesnā€™t work.

1 Like

That is plenty of space for show tunes and C&W music.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™s an easy swap of an SSD.

C&W? No thanks. Show tune maybe.

1 Like

I am going to hear a Lumin U2 first. It supposedly be a killer, and itā€™s at a very attractive price too.

1 Like

George at Kyomi sells Lumin tho Iā€™ve never heard it. Heā€™s either streaming thru the Grimm Mu1 or a MBL streaming dac. I have seen it on a rack tho disconnected.

1 Like

I hope he will have a U2 in stock for you to hearšŸ™„ Iā€™m a few thousand miles away.

Have you considered a PhoenixUSB? It would permit you to change and upgrade different streamers, both in Innuos family and others. Itā€™s expensive and it requires (I know you sooner or later will do) an audiophile fuse and power cord but you could start pairing it with more affordable (even used) ZEN/ZENith/Pulse units to have a combo very close (not equal) to a Statement grade. Total range around 6/8k US$.
And the Sense App, believe me, sounds really good.
Next step, I guess, will be the Statement if you become familiar with Innuos signature sound. In that case with a chance of a trade in better value.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I am interested in the new Pulsar streamer that seems to be close to SQ of Statement. I prefer fewer boxes so I donā€™t need to worry additional fuses and cables because I have a tendency to spend too much on accessories.:laughing:

Lumin U2 is a nice one box solution and their app. Seems nice too. It may keep me happy for a few years before I jump to the level of Mu1 or Statement.

Good plan! You are right.

Even if the Pulsar reminds me the never-ending story of the AirLens: last spring I remember they announced the launch within sept 22. Mmmā€¦

2 Likes

paul172 - Well, I tried going down that path with Innuos, and not complaining here, but upgrading the SSD requires returning the unit to Portugal. No local service center in the USA, and dealers are directed not to do it. I had planned on upgrading mine, and ultimately decided against it. My concern was two fold, the unit surviving a a round trip journey to Portugal, and the overall cost. At the time a 4 tb SSD was $850 installed. Insured round trip shipping was estimated in the $400-$500 range.

1 Like

Supposedly Grimm is ā€œexpanding their repertoireā€ soon, and the MU1 wonā€™t work exclusively through Roon.

I read that on the internet so it must be true.

1 Like

I say donā€™t scratch out the Aurender N-20 too soon. The N-20 has an isolated USB output and a master clock input for even better sound when you should want to increase the performance even further with adding an external master clock just like my Esoteric does. The sound from my former Aurender N-10ā€™s USB output trounces all the other outputs and does DSD256 beautifully. The N-20ā€™s USB goes one further and does up to DSD512 native and you can also plug in a pair whatever hard drives you desire. Beautiful free excellent sounding Conductor App built in too. If the N-10 is any indication, the N-20 is also optimized for USB since USB is capable of all the higher rez formats, whereas all the other inputs are not. It is truly an end game server.

1 Like

I was wondering about the N-150ā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

I need to check the official website instead of reading from forums. Thanks!

1 Like

The N-150 is a trickled down N-20. It has only one slot for a HHD or SSD hard drive, and has only one output, a galvanistic isolated USB output that can handle up to 32bit 384kHz and native DSD512. I believe this unitā€™s SQ can be as good or better than anything costing up to $5k from the feedback I gathered from this unit.

2 Likes