Baseball-holics anonymous

A very good point about Basaball and the radio…

1 Like

A’s fan so my team is rebuilding every year. Great to see the good young players come up and start to shine, always frustrating to watch them go elsewhere a few years later. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

For years (decades, really) the Cubs’ organization was nothing but a farm system for other, successful clubs. You have my sympathy AND my empathy.

Can’t wait for opening day…! (April 8, hosting Pittsburgh - for the North Siders)

Cheers.

1 Like

Here is a little fuel for the fire:

Rizzo “No-Doubter”

Enjoy. :wink:

1 Like

But who can’t love that crack of the bat :sunglasses:

A saweet sound, for sure.

White Sox won their home opener in a long and sloppy baseball game. Would have lost last year…there’s some hope. It’s a hard game to play well.

That was a big win against a really hot team. They came in 7-1 and came back from a big deficit to lead late. The Sox played from behind, scored runs without the long ball, and the bullpen was solid. And Moncada thus far is looking better than was projected, and he was projected as the #2 prospect in baseball.

I’m cautiously optimistic.

1 Like

And lest we forget our heritage of great young players:

So, yeah, I’m saying that over their first 8 seasons of pro ball, Frank Thomas > Mike Trout. And that’s a hill I’m willing to die on.

2 Likes

Going Sunday and taking my beautiful 1 year old grandson to his first game on Tuesday! My brother has connections and I’m sitting 4 rows behind home plate for both games. Easy for me to get April seats. I’m buying my grandson every Sox item I can think of.

1 Like

I guess I’ll watch. Be sure and wave.

Enjoy though. I’m green with envy.

1 Like

Except defensively…no contest there.

Frank was a good first baseman. Not GREAT. But really good.

Never saw him turn a 3-6-3 double play ever…love the player but EVERY throw went into center.

1 Like

well, yeah, there’s that, but he didn’t let much get past him.

1 Like

Interesting comparison!

Bass guitar yes. Bass the fish- yes. Baseball no.

The greats do more than just swing the bat well. Trout has all five tools, Thomas not so much

First ballot hall of famer. At the time, he had all five tools.

Don’t misunderstand me, Trout is a once-in-a-generation player. Frank was that same guy but didn’t get the accolades because he played for the Sox.

1 Like

That being said, young Frank was…to be charitable…kind of a dick. But he mellowed with time and became a lot more lovable once the Sox decided he was no longer indispensable. I’m glad he came back and got his ring with the Sox.

Mike Trout is a great all-around kid from everything I’ve heard. He’s a definite HoF guy, first round. Anyone who wouldn’t take him and hold him with every last dollar is a fool.