Baseball-holics anonymous

Search me. I honestly don’t know. Belli now owns CF. Ross has some tough decisions to make. Does he hold back talent like Crow-Armstrong and Matt Mervis, who tore the cover off the ball last season in favor of the veterans acquired in the off-season? The Cubs have a ton of stacked up talent in AA and AAA. My guess is someone will be trade bait for more pitching prospects, which the Cubs can’t have enough of. To me, Mervis looks like another Rizzo with power at the plate to burn. If he’s more consistent than Rizzo was, Rizz was prone to deep slumps, he’s the 1B of the future.

1 Like

Anyone watching the WBC? Crazy results in some of the Groups. Team USA didn’t bother to show up against Mexico. Now obliterating Canada as I type. Methinks team captain Mike Trout had a word with the gents, reminding them not to take anyone lightly. Then led the charge with a 3 run blast in the 1st tonight. On paper, this years team is an offensive juggernaut. Go Team USA!

2 Likes

I tend to watch this series every few years and it always gets me pumped for the upcoming season play.

2 Likes

I agree 100%

OMG! Team USA advances to the WBC semi-final on a Trea Turner slammer in the top of the 8th. My oh my! I thought after Dan Bard’s horrid relief pitching in the 5th it was curtains.

3 Likes

That was a great game. Really enjoyed watching it.

2 Likes

I have not had a chance to watch any of the games (just some highlights here and there), but what a great showcase for a great game…

1 Like

The games have been wonderfully entertaining and of very high quality. Japan will be tough to beat. Ohtani is a once in a generation talent.

I was sorry to see Altuve get hit yesterday and break his thumb. No one wants that to happen to a player with his talent. Hope it’s not as serious as it sounds.

1 Like

…maybe two generations…

I hope he has a long and healthy career and sets many new benchmarks.

2 Likes

Ohtani is one amazing talent.

3 Likes

Altuve’s injury was a scary moment. Who has confirmed it’s a fracture? I don’t recall official word from the Astros, only unofficial speculation from the media. Do hope to see him back in action soon. He’s pure excitement. As for Trea, Phillies fans must be ecstatic that guy is theirs this season. Thank you very much LA, although the price was stiff.
Next up: USA vs. Cuba. 19:00 Eastern. It’s going to be fun.

1 Like

That’s what was said during the game last night. AFAIK, there has been no “official” update, thus far, today.

From MLB.com

Astros star second baseman Jose Altuve will likely miss significant time after suffering a hand injury on Saturday night during Venezuela’s 9-7 loss to the United States in the World Baseball Classic.

Altuve is lost indefinitely due a broken thumb that will require surgery. A tough loss for my’stros, but we’ll manage.

Tonight’s game might be the most watched in the history of baseball. USA v. Japan

2 Likes

What time…?

Lazily yours,

SEE

In maybe 45 mins. FS1

1 Like

Recording…

Good ballgame last night. Hats off to the Japanese team.

3 Likes

Managers are experimenting in spring training games with trying to get around the new shift rules. The player in the circle is the CF.

1 Like

A line drive single could turn into an inside-the-park HR.

I like the gamble.

1 Like