Happy 4th to all our American members

The one day of the year I set aside “not perfect” to just be thankful for America. What a country to produce PS Audio, Apple Computer, the Bill of Rights, and rock and roll.

Happy Fourth!

Mike D

17 Likes

Happy 4th!!!

Cane?

Absolutely. Class of 91. Way back before we did the “U” thing.

4 Likes

1 Like

I wish I could share in the holiday celebration. I live in Highland Park and was a couple blocks from the parade shooting today. My wife and I were hustled away from area and were unaware of the carnage that ensued. We have a cousin that was shot but is in recovery. The medical and law enforcement teams have done a great job. I can’t imagine the heartbreak that other families are experiencing. Hug your loved ones.

4 Likes

I am so very sorry.

2 Likes

Holy crap. I’m so very sorry. A gentleman I follow on Twitter is from there and has been updating on it. I guess two of his kids were in the band marching in the parade. What a completely senseless tragedy. I’m so glad you’re safe and hope you feel safe and secure soon.

Blessings,
Mike D

2 Likes

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Also to the residents and people at the parade. I can’t imagine.

1 Like

Gosh, that’s terrible! I hope your cousin is okay! I’m so sorry!

1 Like

Didi my Anesthesiology residency training at THE U. Finished in '83. Lived in Miami most of my life. Now in Georgia… Still follow U football and baseball!

1 Like

I went to their architecture school for one year ('75-'76). I could hardly afford it, then they announced they were raising tuition more than 20% and I had to bail. It was an exciting year for football, though. Their record was abysmal, but they played powerhouse teams all year, and would often be leading right up till the very end.

I hope your cousin is resting comfortably and will recover soon.

It sounds like you have a strong family tie to Highland Park. If there’s any solace in this senseless act, it’s found with family.

1 Like