Belden ICONOCLAST Interconnects and Speaker Cabling

There is exciting news on the horizon! I’m sworn to secrecy for now only because we do not know how long it will take to get actual production samples of Galen’s latest recipe. It is not a power cord.

Interesting thing about Iconoclast… You use the science and do the math and you “think” you know how it will perform electrically and you can speculate on how it will sound but… until you actually produce the cord, test it and “listen” to it… you just can’t be sure.

So, after sitting in on hours long engineering and production meetings and listening to the team talk and ask Galen questions in alien languages about the variables and components of the proposed product, getting patents in play and getting the money man (Kurt) to invest, we are actually in line to run a sample batch of this new “top secret” Iconoclast product.

Now we wait. Then, we get the sample run in hand, build assemblies and begin testing. Listening comes next. Of course Galen gets the first assemblies. If he confirms that this should be Iconoclast then Beta testers including “me” get to live with the cables for a period before we render our opines. We are not allowed to discuss or compare notes or impressions until the evaluation period is complete.

More to follow though it could be some time. The order is in and we are in the line…:grin:

11 Likes

Sounds good ! There must be a new line of digital cables coming out next. Make some guaranteed Iconoclast quality BNC clock cables,usb and hdmi i2s ,and I am all in.

Hurry up ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A more flexible line of cables would be an exciting announcement. Exciting times indeed.

Let me know if you need a beta tester.

All great comments…taking notes.

1 Like

Hi Bob,
In an unrelated request I was wondering if you offer services to reterminate a set of “vintage” (2018? or so) Iconoclast speaker cables? I will need bananas removed and spades added.
Thanks
Vern

1 Like

Call placed.

1 Like

Specialized digital cable would be interesting. I had an iconoclast gen 1 RCA cable between streamer and Dac but replaced it with the BlueJeans Belden 1694A mentioned by Galen as more specialized for that application. And I think it sounds better. Also very affordable.

@BobBJC and @rower30, I may have brought this up before, but I’m really wondering if the speaker cables could be made - if we asked very nicely :grin: - in shorter lengths? I know Galen has short cables in his own system. Yes, I know - he invented them, he can do whatever he wants! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: But seriously folks, how short can they be made without risk to the integrity of the design? For those of us with monoblocks right up near our speakers, the extra space needed just to loop a 2M pair around is a bit much. Couldn’t they be made as short as would be possible relative to whatever the acceptable bend radius is? Let’s say the bend radius of the OFE is 16”. Couldn’t a 32 or 36 inch length be made?

This ain’t short enough?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Beef! Wha…? how…? Did you do this? :astonished:

Jumpers for biwireable speakers. Two of these lovely weaves are sandwiched together in a regular Icono speaker cable, hence their square-ish and stiff-ish-ness.

i.e. the grey-coated bits coming from the ends of the mains cable are identical to these.

Apologies for the blurry pic.

I have thought about getting more and positioning Monoblocks backward behind the speakers and using these. Obsessive? I Think Not! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

That what I was thinking! :grinning:

Tony,

I can approve four feet jumpers…same as I use on my T+A M40 mono amps to 1000-40 speakers. Picture shows the application.

Thanks Tony

3 Likes

Don’t want to use terminal jumpers as a speaker cable, two polarity need to be tightly bound to reach electricals. - Galen

3 Likes

Hey, now we’re talking’! So I have a maybe harder question. If I already have a long pair of OFE, could they be sent in to be split in half and turned into a bi-wire pair?

Measure twice cut once…yes, we can manage that. Call Bob and he can get labor pricing. We only need to do opposite ends as one set is already done and are OK with the current termination correct?

Best,
Galen

1 Like

Makes perfect sense, at some point an ultrashort cable may not provide the electrical properties one desires. That does not in any way imply that an ultra short cable may not have a signature sound. It having a sound that just may not be predictable. :cowboy_hat_face:

These are terminal jumpers we make to replace less convenient versions. Same internal polarity structure from the speaker cable.

Best,
Galen

1 Like

If anyone needs clarification on jumpers, re-termination/modifications or shorter lengths please feel free to give me a call or email me at bhoward@iconoclastcable.com

2 Likes