BHK Preamp and HiFIMan Edition X

I bought a BHK Preamp (which of course I love) to go with my BHK Stereo amp about a month ago.

Because I listen a lot late at night I was thinking of buying a good pair of 'phones to go with them. Does anyone have any experience using these phones with the BHK?

BTW Paul I now own all PS Audio electronics (Memory Wave, DSD, BHK amp & preamp). I’m a 40 year audiophile and it’s the first time I’ve ever owned a complete system from one manufacturer because it’s the first time that manufacturer made IMHO the best available product at my price point in each category.

happy-132_gifgoofy-heart_gif

Thanks for the reply (in emoji form) Paul.

I am between the Hifiman and the Audeze LCD-X (a 'phone I owned briefly a year ago). I would assume at 20 ohm impedance the Audeze would work very well with the BHK too.

Just wanted to inquire before I bought anything.

Oh yeah, you bet! Audeze LCD-X is what that circuit was designed on.

ihmeyers said ... BTW Paul I now own all PS Audio electronics (Memory Wave, DSD, BHK amp & preamp). I'm a 40 year audiophile and it's the first time I've ever owned a complete system from one manufacturer because it's the first time that manufacturer made IMHO the best available product at my price point in each category.
Yes I think it's quite rare if existent at all, that another company has such a leading position in nearly all its product categories including what I expect from future speakers (keeping cabling out).

PSA would also be the only company I’d buy a whole setup from.

ihmeyers said Thanks for the reply (in emoji form) Paul.

I am between the Hifiman and the Audeze LCD-X (a 'phone I owned briefly a year ago). I would assume at 20 ohm impedance the Audeze would work very well with the BHK too.

Just wanted to inquire before I bought anything.

I have a pair of HE-1000s with similarly low impedance. My BHK preamp drivess them well and sounds mighty good!