Bridge Firmware

I will put this request on my list of thing to do, and see if it is feasible for the next release.

Dennis

yacheah said
Hi Is there anyone who is using Bridge II with HQ Player (preferably without Roon involved)? Does it work and is it easy to setup?

Are there any benefits to:

1. using the HQ Player filter

2. upsampling with HQ Player since the DS DAC maxes out double DSD?

Thanks

I can't answer your first question because of the answer to the second question. I'm a 40-year software veteran, and IMHO, the documentation for HQPlayer is among the worst I've ever seen. I could not get it working on my Mac after an hour or two invested, so I tossed it.
Paul McGowan said Cover art is an important feature on DirectStream and the Bridge and we will continue to work hard on getting it as good as we can. Dennis is on it, it's not being ignored as you can see.

We’ll get there and thank you for your comments and patience.

Thanks Paul! I always admire your patience, style and dedication with various postings and matters.

Also so thanks to Dennis for caring!

Any update on new Bridge firmware.

We are still working with our module vendor to work out the DLNA issues?

Dennis

Thank You Dennis.

I have the oppotunity to buy a second hand european ds and an us bridge ii. Do these two work together?

berlin

Yes Bridges will work in any country.

Dennis

Thank you! DS is one step closer to my wallet!

yacheah said
Hi

Is there anyone who is using Bridge II with HQ Player (preferably without Roon involved)? Does it work and is it easy to setup?

Are there any benefits to:

1. using the HQ Player filter

2. upsampling with HQ Player since the DS DAC maxes out double DSD?

Thanks

According to my experience, you cannot use the Bridge II and HQ Player at the same time. You may use HQP thru the USB connection of the DS, not the bridge.
Dennis Kerrisk said We are still working with our module vendor to work out the DLNA issues?

Dennis

Hi Dennis

What are the fixes that’s in the pipeline?

The DLNA issues reported with 2.7.11, connection issues, volume control with Bubbleupnp.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

I noticed a Bridge test code update on the server.

Is this the code update you refer to above?

Have you deployed it to the test group?

Thanks.

This is 2.7.11. It is the update for Roon. If you are not using Roon, then you don’t need it.

Dennis

Dennis, prior to 2.7.11 what is the most recent Bridge firmware? I haven’t updated my Bridge II since I got it about a year ago. I’m not using Roon yet so don’t feel the need to go for the latest firmware, but want to make sure I didn’t miss something in the interim. Thanks!

For a DS or PWD it is 1.2.3

For a DSjr it is 1.2.5

Dennis