Bridge II for Streaming Only Which App (MConnect or Bubble UPnP)?

The only regret I have with my NAS (DS218+) was not doing it sooner. Having one central indexed repository for Music for all of devices is a breath of fresh air. With transcoding I can play my DSD material to any device that doesn’t support it natively. Just added the Plex Media Server to the NAS and now I can play 100% of my Music library to my Sonos Move Speakers.

Let me tap on your expertise in network storage if you don’t mind.

I have an older WD NAS and find it to be slow compared to what I’ve set up using NVMe storage on my desktop. It is also slower than the drive I set up directly through my Asus router connected through an USB 3.0 connection. I’m also now testing a connect through a NVMe assembled jump drive.

BTW, I decided to go with JRiver to manage my music even though there’s a bit of a learning curve. My repurposed older tablets and media streamers are not supported by the current android apps but I am extremely happy with Gizmo (discontinued I believe) which is free.

I have only used Synology NAS boxes connected via CAT5 or CAT6 cables to a switch or router. I have used JRiver in the past but much prefer Roon. I now have a lifetime subscription. JRiver was always glitchy and would quit working for no known reason. I haven’t used it in a couple years now.

Hi have used Jriver Media Center since version 22. Currently on 26. It is very stable with no glitches and the JRemote is also just revised and stable. It is better than MConnect, Lumin app IMO.
But…still not as good as Roon