Bridge II support for Qobuz?

Did you check this…?

Yes I did as that’s where it was and then I noticed yesterday it was only playing 16/44 or 320 kps. It will not allow it to be moved back. It is correct in the desktop app, the Lumin app and Lightning DS. I have been playing Hi Res on Qobuz since September and this is the first bug. This change in resolution happens pretty regularly when Tidal does and update and you have to move it back.

Weird, no issues using mControlHD version 2.4.9 streaming Qobuz HiRes & Tidal MQA over here.

Thank you.

Very helpful… but I’m really concerned about the apparent limitation on streaming…the reason I’m getting the Bridge is to stream Qobuz in hi res.

Would appreciate knowing whether or not your inquiries bear fruit.

Thanks again!

I also only get 44/16 using mcontrolHD to the Bridge II. The same albums play hi-res using the Qobuz app on my Mac Mini connected via USB/Matrix SPDIF 2/I2S, but with the latter albums that are listed as 192/24 only play at 96/24.

Thank you!

I am able to get 24/192 files to play with the correct 24/192 nomenclature on the iPAd and Bridge II display. that being said the streaming is intermittent , it may play 3/4 of a track then skip to the next one.
Playing a 16/44 tracks seems to be more consistent, that being said the HD MConnect app is not real responsive and the time it takes to transition to the next track can be 10 or 20 seconds.

I am streaming the files from OneDrive files in the Cloud

Overall this Control software does not work very well.

Is this possibly an issue with the DLNA interface to the Bridge II. It was mentioned in another thread that the Author of the Audirvana (A+) feels that the Bridge code has some issues.

Has Paul commented on this potential issue with Bridge II DLNA interface

magicknow

Thanks for your response.
Is Paul out there??
This kind of makes me regret my purchase decision. The last thing I want is to be caught in “bugland”, with inconsistent and interrupted music…sorta takes the relaxing element of music listening away…
Paul?

Got no issues whatsoever streaming Qobuz HiRes & Tidal MQA fully unfolding by BridgeII (firmware 3.6.17) using mControlHD 2.4.9 on i-Pad or Android, neither using BubbleUPnP 3.2.1 (my favorite).

Flawlessly and gapless, adjusting volume with slider on tablet, so i assume there are no issues with the BridgeII DLNA interface but suppose problems arise in tricky network configurations (hard- and/or software).

wiber
the app info on my iPAD says mconnectPlayer HD 3.3.13 . Are we talking about the same software? Is your the most up to date version

You and wijber are using different software.

The difference is in the app, i’m using mControlHD looking like this:

You’r referring to mconnect:

right I see that
I paid $5.99 for the mconnectplayerHD, the mconnect is free. What is the point of the two different versions?

Mconnect Control is a dedicated control app for Conversdigital’s mconnect technology compatible network audio products (BridgeII).

Mconnect Player is a media player app to support UPnP/DLNA and Google Cast (Chromecast).

http://www.conversdigital.com/eng/product/product02.php

You want Mcontrol to use with PSA Bridge.

SEE

thanks all

I think you would find Roon to be the least “tweeky” way to run Qobuz with Bridge II. As long as your network can transport uncorrupted bits, Roon/Qobuz just works. Roon also combines your local storage, cloud storage, Qobuz and Tidal into one UI. Consistent, uninterrupted, relaxing music.

Right i think I will give roon a try again. How is the sound quantity of Roon just grunion on a Standard win 10 PC, is it comparable to Bubble UPnp

Exactly!

Is the setup difficult?

Asking about sound quality in this case may be the opening salvo in a heated confrontation. That said, I will offer my opinion before jumping in the foxhole.

Roon core running on a PC or Mac connected to the Bridge II via Ethernet sounds very good, period.

In my current set up SQ is as follows: discs played in a transport > files streamed from the NAS > NAS through Roon > Tidal/Qobuz Roon. I would characterize all the differences as small -if you walked in and started to listen you would be unlikely to identify the source.

Since all of these are transmitting bit perfect files (via DSDac test), and since the DSDac does not reference the incoming clock, most, if not all of the differences are due to “noise” on the digital connection, or injected into the AC. One must also consider the Bridge as a possible noise contributor.

I have noticed as I take steps to reduce noise contamination, the difference between the sound quality of the sources narrows. My next step is optical isolation of the Ethernet feed -it will be quite interesting to compare afterwards.