Bridge II Update

Jeff-S said Thanks Dennis, no problem, I'm happy with what I have, and not in a hurry to spend money on Roon and Tidal. But eventually will want to use them.

Am I right in assuming that the problems that have been experienced are with users like myself who use a mac? And therefore I should wait for new Bridge II?

I have been a JRiver and Tidal user, with Gizmo and BubbleUPnP running the show, respectively, over my DS with Bridge II. They worked, but going between the two was painful at times. Decided to make the jump to Roon this weekend.

Bottom line, I love it. Sounds terrific and works perfectly. Love how Tidal is fully integrated with my music collection, so my library took a huge step up. Also was pretty darned easy to set up Roon which found the DS immediately on my network after initial boot.

I was also resistant to this change but am very glad I made it. Thank you PS Audio for making the new firmware versions “Roon Ready”!

Thanks for that information 4n6. Is your music stored on a Mac or PC?

Dennis Kerrisk said

Sorry, new bridgeII has not been released yet. I will announce it the forum when it is.

Dennis

So Dennis will this be a simultaneous release for both the DS and the DS Jr Bridge II platforms?

wizardofoz said
Dennis Kerrisk said

Sorry, new bridgeII has not been released yet. I will announce it the forum when it is.

Dennis

So Dennis will this be a simultaneous release for both the DS and the DS Jr Bridge II platforms?

I assume it’s the same card, should be same for both DS and DS Jr

wizardofoz said
Dennis Kerrisk said

Dennis

Yes there will.

Dennis

Jeff-S said Thanks for that information 4n6. Is your music stored on a Mac or PC?
My music is stored on NAS and I am running the Roon Core on a PC. The control app is on an iPad. So far, so good!

Can anyone advise what connection method (USB (on DS or Bridge 2), Ethernet) should be used to update firmware of Bridge 2?

Bridge II is updated over the network. If it needs a firmware update, you can do it through the unit’s touch screen. Use our How To section for details.

http://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-update-bridge-ii/

Thanks Paul. Dennis had emailed me the file for manual updating.

johnney said Thanks Paul. Dennis had emailed me the file for manual updating.
Was it v2.9.14? That is what I am running. Thanks.

dennis

My DirectStream DAC w/BridgeII shows

Torreys

UNIT ID 005302 FPGA: 0.112

Bootloader: 1.13 USB: 00.33

Firmware: 1.8.8 Rev: 0137

Bridge: 0.0.0

How can I get the Bridge firmware version to show? Please help. My unit was upgraded from PWD MKII with DirectStream DAC kit at the end of last year.

Thanks!

There is a bug in the current Bridge firmware that makes it show as 0.0.0 (mine does too) so that’s actually a sign you have the current version. You should be fine.

And welcome to the forum!

The 0.0.0 is a bug in the DS firmware that will be fixed in the next release. If you want a software update for the bridge and have a windows PC, email me at dennis@psaudio.com and I will get it to you.

Dennis

Hi Dennis…now that Roon 1.3 has been released, I would like to give Roon a try (I am currently using Bubble UPnp to stream TIDAL HiFI directly to the DS). Should I hold off until updating the Bridge II until the latest firmware is released or should I just go for it?

I currently have Bridge 1.2.1 installed. When I click on the network symbol on my DS DAC, it’s showing that I can update to 2.7.11. I am running the latest version of Torreys on my DS.

Thanks for your help!

dbartelheim

Hi Dennis,

Is there a new version of Bridge ? My DS (with Torrey latest) still shows bridge version as 0.0.0 and no Firmware Update available.

Regards,

Sourav

Sourav,

The DS is going to show 0.0.0 until the DS firmware is upgraded due to a bug in the DS firmware, due to the bridge moving the position of the version information.

Dennis

Bootzilla said One question/request for a future Bridge II firmware update: Would it be possible to incorporate the Signalyst Network Audio Adapter (NAA) so that DS users could experiment with HQPlayer over a network?
Dennis

This has been on my mind as well. I really like HQPlayer and it’s filters, but two strikes against the Bridge II are not being able to do DSD128, and it not working with HQPlayer.

Hi, Dennis. I am trying to update the Bridge in a DS Jr. I have received today and it is taking ages! The display says Bridge Updating and there is a strange sign below (might be a flickering asterisk) but it has been doing this for half an hour. The instructions say the update should not be interrupted. The intern et is working just fine. I would welcome any instructions. Thank you very much.

Hi Juan,

Please follow these steps and let us know how it goes:

1. Power off the DSJ from the back power switch
  2. Let it sit for approx. 10-20 minutes. This allows the capacitors to fully discharge
  3. Unplug all inputs (including the Bridge), and then power it back on
  4. Check the Bridge info screen to verify which version firmware is installed

Everything should be good after you take these steps. If they’re not, please plug the Ethernet back in (no need to power off the DSJ) and then restart the Bridge firmware update.

Please keep us posted how it goes.

I installed Snowmass II and did as you said and now it seems that the Bridge II is the latest version as there is no update available. Thanks a whole lot for your kind assistance.

1 Like