Bridge II Update

wingsounds13 said I consider the lack of DSD128 to be one of the greatest failings of the Bridge II. Other than that it is quite good. For whatever reason, they were not able to implement this. It is hard to imagine that it is network data bandwidth, as even DSD128 DOP is well within the capacity of 10Mbit Ethernet, neve rmind the dead common 100Mbit. Perhaps it was internal processing throughput. Only PS Audio engineering really knows.

Oh Well… Maybe Bridge Mk.III :slight_smile:

J.P.

Agreed.

dennis, with whatever the last Bridge II update was that I got just before the DMP showed up, I can no longer get any UPnP player to work with the Bridge II. I can see it as a renderer (and can select it) from UPnPlay, BubbleUPnP, and MConnect, but from any of them when I select a song and hit Play nothing happens… The time scrub bar on all of the apps stays at 0:00. MConnect is the only one with any notification feedback, indicating there is a problem and that it might be because the selected song is in an unsupported format. But everything is plain old FLAC which played perfectly up to this point. Any ideas?

I’m not home right now so I can’t check to see what version of Bridge II is installed.

tony22 said dennis, with whatever the last Bridge II update was that I got just before the DMP showed up, I can no longer get any UPnP player to work with the Bridge II. I can see it as a renderer (and can select it) from UPnPlay, BubbleUPnP, and MConnect, but from any of them when I select a song and hit Play nothing happens.. The time scrub bar on all of the apps stays at 0:00. MConnect is the only one with any notification feedback, indicating there is a problem and that it might be because the selected song is in an unsupported format. But everything is plain old FLAC which played perfectly up to this point. Any ideas?

I’m not home right now so I can’t check to see what version of Bridge II is installed.

If you have a windows PC at home e-mail me at dennis@psaudio.com and I will get a fix to you. If you don’t have a windows PC, then you will need to wait until the code is released.

Dennis

I’ll take care of it when I get home. Thanks.

I have not updated my Bridge II firmware recently. Sounds like I should not do so now. (What issues were addressed in the current version vs the previous?) Dennis, will you let us know when the updated version comes out? Thanks!

Yes I will. I have been verifying it at PS Audio and when I am satisfied that is is better than what we have now I will release it. Probably on monday.

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said Yes I will. I have been verifying it at PS Audio and when I am satisfied that is is better than what we have now I will release it. Probably on monday.

Dennis

I’ll be clicking on the refresh button on Monday :slight_smile:

Dennis, will it solve finally the screen issue with Roon?

tony22 said I'll take care of it when I get home. Thanks.
@dennis, email sent.
tony22 said dennis, with whatever the last Bridge II update was that I got just before the DMP showed up, I can no longer get any UPnP player to work with the Bridge II. I can see it as a renderer (and can select it) from UPnPlay, BubbleUPnP, and MConnect, but from any of them when I select a song and hit Play nothing happens.. The time scrub bar on all of the apps stays at 0:00. MConnect is the only one with any notification feedback, indicating there is a problem and that it might be because the selected song is in an unsupported format. But everything is plain old FLAC which played perfectly up to this point. Any ideas?

Hi, I am having a similar issue with the Bridge II in my DS. After streaming a 24/192 FLAC file from MinimServer, I attempted to play TIDAL HiFi using BubbleUPnP. The Bridge II appears stuck on the last ripped track I played using MinimServer. I can see the desired TIDAL track in the BubbleUPnP app on my phone, but it is stuck at 0:00. Hitting the “Reset Bridge II” button on the DS screen does not help. I can power-cycle the DS if necessary, but if possible I would rather not have to do that when switching from MinimServer to TIDAL. Any chance the upcoming Bridge II firmware update addresses this issue?

Thanks, and happy Thanksgiving to all!

Bootzilla said

Hi, I am having a similar issue with the Bridge II in my DS. After streaming a 24/192 FLAC file from MinimServer, I attempted to play TIDAL HiFi using BubbleUPnP. The Bridge II appears stuck on the last ripped track I played using MinimServer. I can see the desired TIDAL track in the BubbleUPnP app on my phone, but it is stuck at 0:00. Hitting the “Reset Bridge II” button on the DS screen does not help. I can power-cycle the DS if necessary, but if possible I would rather not have to do that when switching from MinimServer to TIDAL. Any chance the upcoming Bridge II firmware update addresses this issue?

Thanks, and happy Thanksgiving to all!

if you have a windows system availible for the update, Email me at dennis@psaudio.com

Dennis

tkiat said
Dennis Kerrisk said Yes I will. I have been verifying it at PS Audio and when I am satisfied that is is better than what we have now I will release it. Probably on monday.

Dennis

I’ll be clicking on the refresh button on Monday :slight_smile:

Any news on the new update? I just grew blister pressing the checking if there is any updates :slight_smile:

Thanks, Dennis, the Bridge II firmware version 2.9.14 is working very well so far in my DS.

One question/request for a future Bridge II firmware update: Would it be possible to incorporate the Signalyst Network Audio Adapter (NAA) so that DS users could experiment with HQPlayer over a network?

Thanks and happy holidays to all.

Bootzilla said Thanks, Dennis, the Bridge II firmware version 2.9.14 is working very well so far in my DS.

One question/request for a future Bridge II firmware update: Would it be possible to incorporate the Signalyst Network Audio Adapter (NAA) so that DS users could experiment with HQPlayer over a network?

Thanks and happy holidays to all.

I will mention that to the bridge programmers, but I would not hold your breath

Dennis

a received a ds with yale firmware.

I installed bridge II.i have updated to torrey. bridge II has been updated too (button on screen). All worked fine.

i have deconnected power and reconnected and now, (with jriver on pc for trying) the title appear on screen of DS, the cover appear but no sound and no possibility to do anything with the bridge II. Launching a new file doesnt change the title and cover. i have to power of and repower on.

Also if i try use bubbleupnp (on android) :

If the dac is just powered on: the communication is good, I can with the tablet slide the volume of the dac, for example. But when I want to play a file I have the message ‘no compatible decoder found, try deactive parameters/upnp/mime type verification’. if i deactivate this parameter i have the same problem like with jriver: no sound… and at this moment the volume slider dosnt respond until i switch off and on the dac.

i just tried with mconnect on iphone, same problem, title is displayed but no sound and freezing.

i’d like retrieve the state before the bridge update itself but i don’t know how to do; i downloaded on site the file upgrade 02.15.ub and copy it on sdcard but no effect. Maybe the bridge is already in the same version. i have not found others versions of bridge firmware in archive section. maybe i have to reinstall yale firmware and use the card supplied with the bridge II, marked ‘bridge II Firmware 12-061 99-2’.

AlainT said a received a ds with yale firmware.

I installed bridge II.i have updated to torrey. bridge II has been updated too (button on screen). All worked fine.

i have deconnected power and reconnected and now, (with jriver on pc for trying) the title appear on screen of DS, the cover appear but no sound and no possibility to do anything with the bridge II. Launching a new file doesnt change the title and cover. i have to power of and repower on.

Also if i try use bubbleupnp (on android) :

If the dac is just powered on: the communication is good, I can with the tablet slide the volume of the dac, for example. But when I want to play a file I have the message ‘no compatible decoder found, try deactive parameters/upnp/mime type verification’. if i deactivate this parameter i have the same problem like with jriver: no sound… and at this moment the volume slider dosnt respond until i switch off and on the dac.

i just tried with mconnect on iphone, same problem, title is displayed but no sound and freezing.

i’d like retrieve the state before the bridge update itself but i don’t know how to do; i downloaded on site the file upgrade 02.15.ub and copy it on sdcard but no effect. Maybe the bridge is already in the same version. i have not found others versions of bridge firmware in archive section. maybe i have to reinstall yale firmware and use the card supplied with the bridge II, marked ‘bridge II Firmware 12-061 99-2’.

You have a bridgeII and 02.15.ub is for bridgeI. e-mail me at dennis@psaudio.com and I’ll see if we can get you fixed up. Currently you will need a windows system to do the update.

Dennis

Thank you for your support. it was impossible to succeed after made all upgrades and even after going back to old firmwares of DS and bridge II…

i finally arrive at a solution by ionstalling a bridge I i had, whiwh worked, then reinstalling bridge II with old firmwares (not working) and made upgrade to 2.7.11 of bridge by the screen button of bridge setup and it works. So it works with bridge 2.7.11 and yale 1.6.4 OS for the DS.

I have not updated my Bridge II firmware and would like to so I can give Roon / Tidal a try. Music files are stored on a Mac with Bridge II connected to router with Ethernet cable, JRiver currently working perfectly controlled with JRemote.

Back in November Dennis said there was an updated version of Bridge II firmware and he would let us know when it is released. Has an updated version been released since then?

I don’t want to update and then experience problems others have reported. As Denis has previously said “If you have a windows PC at home e-mail me him and he will get a fix to you. If you don’t have a windows PC, then you will need to wait until the code is released.”

I don’t have a windows PC.

Jeff-S said I have not updated my Bridge II firmware and would like to so I can give Roon / Tidal a try. Music files are stored on a Mac with Bridge II connected to router with Ethernet cable, JRiver currently working perfectly controlled with JRemote.

Back in November Dennis said there was an updated version of Bridge II firmware and he would let us know when it is released. Has an updated version been released since then?

I don’t want to update and then experience problems others have reported. As Denis has previously said “If you have a windows PC at home e-mail me him and he will get a fix to you. If you don’t have a windows PC, then you will need to wait until the code is released.”

I don’t have a windows PC.

Sorry, new bridgeII has not been released yet. I will announce it the forum when it is.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, no problem, I’m happy with what I have, and not in a hurry to spend money on Roon and Tidal. But eventually will want to use them.

Am I right in assuming that the problems that have been experienced are with users like myself who use a mac? And therefore I should wait for new Bridge II?