Bridge II update?

I can confirm that the Bridge can see the outside world and has full internet access., but an interesting idea.

Mike

I just updated to 3.6.17. Album art displayed fine with 3.6.2. I had no obvious issues with the .2 version so never went back to .1. Now with .17 album art is missing. Anyone else experiencing this? I have re-booted the DS and have a clean card in the bridge.

I had no art at first with 3.6.17, but after one additional reboot it came back.

Thanks, I’ll try again.

I used the Mconnect method Leonard suggested and it worked like a charm!

1 Like

Please see Paul’s answer here

1 Like

Bridge updated in my DSJ! Thanks to the crew!!

That’s…interesting.

A question for Paul:

Can those of us who managed to get fully updated with MConnect ignore tomorrow’s Snowmass iteration?

Everything works and sounds fantastic. The less updating required the better.

Edit: Answering my own question. If you want the volume reset problem( on rear switch power cycle volume goes to 50 and volume control via remote goes right past 100 and starts over at 0) corrected it appears it will be necessary to install the new v of Snowmass.

So be it.

Fingers crossed that inserting the missing code has zero effect on the stunning sound quality of Snowmass.

Thanks to Paul et for all your hard work. The DS sounds so good I’d crank it by hand if necessary.

Yes, our bad and our fault. We will post an updated version of Snowmass today or tomorrow to fix the problem.

Did you do it via thumb drive or via MConnect? Congrat’s

Just turned off my DSJ, after that BridgeII update appears in the main menu.

So, to be clear . . . the updated version of Snowmass will appear on the PS-A download page, and it will be labeled in a way that will distinguish it as the updated version?

Hmmm mine has not reacted that way. Will power cycle it again and see what happens. Un abrazo.

Otro! Good luck!

I followed Leonard’s process all worked BUT turn off your power amp first - I did not and got a big bang. Fortunately I think all is OK.

1 Like

Can’t answer your question as I’m wondering the same thing. Paul did say elsewhere it would be on the update page. Can’t say how it will be labeled, since the Bridge software confused many with a lower version number than the previously released but recalled v 3.6.2. These surprises are all part of the fun!

I was trying to get clarity on whether the new Snowmass will be necessary for those who were able to update the Bridge.

I’m a little fuzzy on whether the missing code in Snowmass relates to Bridge updating difficulties, the volume control issues with Snowmass and said Bridge update, or both.

From what I can piece together, it will be necessary to have both the Bridge and Snowmass fully updated for full functionality.

I have the “lowly” :smiley: PWD II. The Bridge II update just showed up on my PWDBII screen and is installing.

Thanks Paul!
jmrdc

Eureka! And for some reason I cannot even begin to grasp, after updating this to the latest version there is a noticeable SQ improvement! OMG

Thanks guys

I have tried to upgrade bridge from the lcd panel of my DSD snr (I was using Red Cloud),and I got stuck after it showed “Updating…”. It stayed with the same screen and took more than 20 min. I figured something went wrong and so turned the switch off and on in the back of the unit. And now it still has 3.5.1.

Should I use mConnectSetup from PC? or I should wait for Snowmass.01 and then try again?

Use Mconnect or MControl from an Iphone. I used my phone and it worked flawlessly.