Bridge II update?

Should be good. Make sure your DAC is connected to the internet and on the Bridge screen the network connection icon is green.

https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-update-bridge-ii/

1 Like

That update number, 3.6.17, doesn’t make sense (under the PSA directory, 3.6.17 has a file date of 11/1/2018). I’m betting that’s not the “correct” latest.

The last update (the one retracted), was 3.6.2. Think they would make it a major revision, 3.7.xx or 4.0.xx. Also, if it were me, I’d write the version numbers with two digits (if they’re going to carry versions like 3.6.17): 3.6.02 to avoid confusion.

Album art is just not a priority with the bridge software writers (Conversedigital and PSA). It does make me crazy. Album art with 2.9.14 works really well. I don’t use Roon or tidal…so I can roll back to that version if necessary.

Edit: Never mind. Wrote before I saw Paul’s post. Bet album art doesn’t work as reported early, ug!

I did that. The icon is green (and works with Roon). It’s 3.5.1 and the firmware update area doesn’t say “N/A” - it says “Up to date”…

Paul, thanks for the update but it would help if you could tell us what the latest firmware version is numbered.
That would clear up some confusion.
Thanks

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/3-6-17-bridge-ii-update-software-live/7795

Yep, says up to date. No worky

Thanks!

In my case, it also said “up to date” when I tapped the Bridge icon on the LCD display.

I ran the mConnectHD app on my iPad and went to Device Settings, then Bridge. Lo and behold, a notification appeared saying there was an update available, and if I’d like to install it. I sure would!

I was playing a song from my NAS while the Bridge was updating. It said so on the top of the LCD display.

About a minute later, my DS switched itself off, came back on again. The Bridge icon on the LCD display turned from red to green in about 20 seconds.

Now a quick version check.

Yep. That’s the correct Bridge version @Paul mentioned in his post above.

The mConnectHD app was still running on my iPad, so I first played the three PS Audio Bitperfect Test Files.

Since they all passed, I tried playing several files, also from the mConnectHD app.

Playback was quick and snappy. Album art was indeed showing up. Even when I tapped on different songs, there was no delay. What I tapped played right away.

I’ll be testing this further with MQA and report back. In the meantime, everything looks good. I’m happy with the new Bridge firmware. :smiley:

Thanks to @Paul and his team! :smiley:

3 Likes

Got it and it’s working nicely on my DSJ with Roon/Tidal. Switching back and forth between MQA and standard tracks to test. . . No more cutting off the beginning of a new track after a change in sample rate. Great job Paul and team! A+

If you don’t mind, can you check album art when switching between file types (DSF to FLAC) or between data rates of the same file type 16/44 to 24/96? This is where the trouble occurs. Thanks!!

EDIT: Looks like you did that. Hope that album art works is alive!!

1 Like

Paul, I am another user with Bridge 3.6.2 installed. It says this is up to date. Exactly what steps need to be performed to do the update to 3.6.17? Does one have to revert to 3.5.1 somehow? I have mconnect (from an earlier failure), but of course need to have access to and updater file.

Have you powered off the unit and then powered back on?

1 Like

Thanks. I powered the unit off/on. That solved the problem. Upgrade successfully accomplished. Pity the installation instructions didn’t mention rebooting the box.

Sweet and yes! :sunglasses:

I have 3.6.2 showing, I’ve followed the instructions on the PS web site, power cycled multiple times yet it still says there is no update available. Thoughts on what I could try next, if it makes a difference I’m in the UK.
Thanks
Mike

Exactly the same behaviour for me with 3.6.2 showing “up to date”

Hmm… Perhaps it is because version 3.6.2 is numerically higher in value than version 3.6.17? Could this explain why Bridges with 3.6.2 don’t see an available update even after a power-cycle.

I don’t think that can be the explanation as mine updated from 3.6.2 ok.

same here

I successfully updated my Bridge from 3.5.1 to 3.6.17.

I can still choose songs from my NAS via the mConnectHD app even if I switch off the modem provided by my Internet Service Provider because all my networked devices connect to separate wired plus wireless router (Asus RT-AC87U). But if I do so, I will not have internet access.

For those whose Bridges don’t see an update, could it be because the Bridge only sees the local network and doesn’t have access to the outside internet?