Bridge III?

I don’t think so. Certainly would be handy though.

Unfortunate news.

Ok, while it was meanwhile foreseeable that there will be no internal Bridge III, so far and since years it was announced there will be one external then. I understand today’s even more careful statement as a very little chance or at least completely unsure for further years. Nothing to wait for then for most I guess.
I don’t think this is a good move for the popularity of the Octave SW as probably many PSA DAC customers won’t buy the server.

Yes, I completely understand. I have learned after being on here for a while that it’s a better idea to keep the details about new products fairly ambiguous until everything is known for sure. I don’t want to go into too much detail about what’s on the drawing board right now because things will inevitably change, and I’ll get a lot of questions I’m not able to answer.

Two things I’m quite comfortable saying. 1. There will not be a Bridge III card that replaces the Bridge II and slides in the back of the DAC. 2. The Octave family of products will likely be more than one big Octave Server.

3 Likes

Thanks Jamesh yes, that’s how I understood it…if it’s called Bridge III or Octave jr. doesn’t matter, what I think folks expected is a small Octave streamer without hard disk etc. at a similar cost as Bridge II.

Couldn’t agree more. And with I2S out? Good power supply? Sign me up!! We’ll have to see. :grin:

2 Likes

If the rest of the market is any indication that is not possible for $800 retail. Even with a SMPS that could be bypassed or replaced still not likely. The “big boys” of streaming can’t do it and to get close would require the use of a plastic box like the Node 2i or the discontinued Aries Mini.

look for a used Antipodes EX or DX.

I bought the Matrix and I am waiting for Ultrarendu to arrive.

1 Like

Hey @juniorbudel, are you using the LVDS connection to your DSDac?

Thx

What is LDVS?

Also known as I2S

1 Like

Sorry, our fault😅 Yes I am using the i2S output, enjoying it very much even with a Macmini as a provisional source.

1 Like

I own the Stellar Gain Cell DAC. Since the bridge iii will have/be its own box, will it have an i2s out?

Welcome! That’s the plan!

1 Like

What software ? Will it run Octave or PS Connect/DLNA? Or all?

Those are some of the big decisions that still need to be made. Luckily, I believe adding more supported playback software should be possible even after launch.

3 Likes

Any options to upsample internally?

I’m hearing good things with Strata and Audirvana upsampling.

If DLNA we can still upsample externally and send the upsampled bit stream into Bridge 3. That might be best SQ since it will isolate noise upstream. I would be interested in PS Audio upsampling however.

He do you use a macmini with I2s?

It sure would be great if it was a swiss army knife(i.e. Airplay 2) for flexibility of use for all members of the family.