CAD Ground Control is Stereophile Product of the Year

Most of my my experience is with the 3M AB7050HF making tuning rings for AC Power Cables and DC Power cables. The most effect on of ring placement is usually a two inch wide ring placed one index finger from male plug backshell or the IEC backshell on a power regenerator. If you hadd dorbothane isolation in that area also that dampens vibration it will help. Some equipment i lay trimmed pieces of Sheet on top covers. It also does well placing it on IC chips. It gets quite tunable. It pays to listen to which placement is best if possible rather than covering everything in mass. You can get too much of a good thing otherwise and sound becomes thin.

The data sheets show the RF frequency bands the material affects as it turns the RF into heat. Thus it can work well on low impedance grounds pulling RF from shields on wires or box faraday cages. Some people have placed it on AC fuses as dots emulating what SR and Audio Magic achieves in their fuses. .

This thread covers some of my early experiences.

My Common Ground Whisper Power Cable thread Documents trying to implement success by mirroring what stealth cables does with tuning ring. Some power cables it offers no help. DC power cables are helped using a 1/2” ring near the end where cable leaves the LPS

My most recent involves Theoreticca BACH4MAC placement over the m1 processor chip. It can be very shape and placement specific. Trimming sheet or moving a few millimeter will have positive or negative effects. The great part it is very tuneable and reversible. Sometimes firmware changes to a DAC will affect how much absorber is needed. When DSMK2 went to Massive Beta software that reduced noise less absorber was needed

Many of these Grounding Products are based on sam principles.

1 Like