Change default volume, DirectStream Sr

My audio system is on a timed a/c switch. Most of the system shuts down at 12:00 am and turns itself back on at 8:00 am. The DSD defaults to 50% volume when it powers back up but I like to keep this setting at 80%. Is there a way to change the default? Thanks.

Do you use the DSD to control the system volume? Is you are using a separate preamp you can set the volume to fixed instead of variable that should solve the issue.

2 Likes

I use a separate preamp to contol my volume but I can’t find where to set the default volume on the DSD. I’ve looked in the setup menu and I seem to miss it if that’s where it’s at. Thank Paul.

Follow these screen shots. BTW, the normal default after rebooting is 25% so I’m not sure why yours is reverting to 50% after initialization.

Press the gear icon and you will see this screen.

Press the Setup icon.

Set the Max Volume to what you want then press the Variable push button.

4 Likes

Perfect Joe, thanks. I was missing the pressing of the variable button. Maybe I was 20% and not 50%. I could be in error with that one.

Very helpful.

1 Like

That’s a big help as the power goes out at least once a month and I always have to reset the DAC volume (which I seldom change).

1 Like