Coaxial Connection Question - cable

I just got my sprout hooked up tonight. I wanted to know what cable I would need to connect an Amazon Dot to the coaxial input. I assume that would be most ideal.

I bought a cable that looks like this, but it doesn’t seem to work at all.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B019OWCID6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe the issue is that you are taking the analog out of the dot and plugging it into the digital coax in of the sprout. It would have to go in the analog in of the sprout.

That is not an appropriate cable either since it’s listed as digital coax, that won’t work with the dot output which is analog.

I would recommend an Audioquest Evergreen 3.5 mm to RCA.

cxp said

I believe the issue is that you are taking the analog out of the dot and plugging it into the digital coax in of the sprout. It would have to go in the analog in of the sprout.

That is not an appropriate cable either since it’s listed as digital coax, that won’t work with the dot output which is analog.

I would recommend an Audioquest Evergreen 3.5 mm to RCA.

Of course, duh. I a using an evergreen RCA cable from the sprout to my uTurn now. Though I’m not sure a 3.5mm to RCA is going to work to plug into the analog input on the sprout. The Dot only has a a 3.5mm output.

Sorry… you would need an Evergreen 3.5 to 3.5.

Cool thanks. I didn’t realize that the output on the Amazon dot was analog.