Complaints

Elk said

Why is it phrases such as " I’ll move on" and “Anyway back to the DMP” always actually mean “I’ll beat this to death until you agree with me” and “I will keep arguing until I get the last word?” :slight_smile:

My opinion merely differs from yours. For me, this unit is revisiting ground which was well-tread 25+ years ago with tube buffers (and with subsequent component circuit design) and 40+ years ago with loudness contour controls on 1970’s receivers. Neither worked then. Big, heavy handed EQ does not work when mixing and mastering. And it does not work in a system. I suggest running away.

But, as I have repeatedly stated, “There is nothing wrong with inserting such a processor if this is what you like” and “if people like the end result this is all that matters.” What other acknowledgment do you need?

If you like the component, great. I would not touch it, especially not in a decent system. Two different opinions.

"Big, heavy handed EQ does not work when mixing and mastering. And it does not work in a system. I suggest running away." In my opinion, you are completely wrong at one here and there will be bay EQ in the circumstances you call here ELK. It's not all you look up there is the "golden truth" EVERYTHING you often try to make it sound like that. Ps is not a pernicious attack by you, but on the cavities you encounter. I think you've never learned to use an EQ, because it's not the most sensitive one.Your opinions trigger a question - How much experience or how much is your knowledge of the processes - master recording - mixing and mastering? It seems like it's very small on me. hugs and kisses - More love from Denmark.

And just pick up the equipment you drive with just so we can get an idea where you move your hand in a sound manner.

1 Like
Elk said
Michael - Denmark said I think you've never learned to use an EQ

I have yet to meet anyone, especially professionals, who claim to have mastered EQ. It is both art and science.

How much experience or how much is your knowledge of the processes - master recording - mixing and mastering?

A good amount. I have a small studio. I additionally record symphony orchestras, chamber groups, choirs and other acoustic groups in concert. I record, mix, and master a dozen plus albums on a professional basis each year. And then there is the charitable projects, etc.

I am far from a master, but equally distant from a neophyte.

Dear Elk, it just does not fit with what you write in the different debates. I do not trust you at all. You are full of crap and scam. Come clean bro....
I sincerely hope that I am mistaken. But intend you prove me something else. I maintain that claim.
1 Like

Michael, are by any chance bipolar? One day you are worshiping PS Audio, then complaining about lack of volume from your BHK 250. Yet no further posts on that, did you solve the problem? Was there a problem?

I just today, posted that I would not be spending much time over at the Audio Asylum due to a few people that make it an unpleasant place. This forum has the nicest, friendliest, group of audiophiles on the internet. A personal attack on Elk is not acceptable. He has over 7000 posts, do you think he would be a leader, and have the respect of all the regulars if he was “full of crap”?

I think it may be time to start taking your meds again, on a regular schedule. I thought at first it was a language thing, that your English might not be so good, and what you were trying to say, wasn’t what you were writing, but I now believe there is more to it.

Elk can speak for himself, quite well in fact, but I hope hearing it from another member, it might have more impact. I think you need to lighten up, and apologize to Elk.

And what is up with the advertisements with links in your signature? I see you just added a new one.

No, it’s the same at RCA over the 250 no change here. If Elk has posted over 7000 mail does not have to be a quality sign. Everyone can just tell which equipment. Which posts he produced or has prodded, etc. then I have a perception of all the posts I have read again, which Elk has posted - that there is a statement that Myself has himself, as an answer he has come with. There is no trouble in one from my side … and of course it is difficult when one is a different language. I am alright or bigger one I can lie down and I intend to have trouble if I have come across the line and apologize. When I saw unicycles, it’s from the heart and I’m one of them not suffering from revenge etc. If Elk does what he claims he is not an amateur but a pro and it confuses me very much I read the different posts for me Claim that it does not belong together. If I have crossed the line, please delete me from the forecourt and memory posts. Thanks in advance and good wind ahead … g oversat syr
I’m not quite aware why you are downloading my links. You can as such do not hesitate to press them if you are not intersected in the information…yes I’m testing Something new device … in the same way as i test PS audio pre or their dmp…OSV …

1 Like

I’ve been following this forum with much enjoyment for a long time and have clearly taken from it more than I have contributed. I hope it maintains a civil and respectful tone.

Michael’s flame-throwing was harsh. However, Elk has often attacked the opinions of others as well, which is not fitting for any “forum leader.”

As I have seen in countless other forums, someone can make all the claims they want (of knowledge, expertise, etc.), but unless that person is willing to identify their work/themselves - however many postings they have made, it should all be taken with a grain of salt.

1 Like
Taji6 said

Elk has often attacked the opinions of others as well, which is not fitting for any “forum leader.”

I’ve said the same and others have to. I do hope @adminpaul considers this feedback.

1 Like

As someone who had the one or other edgy conversation at the beginning with ELK, too (who never entered a personal level like we read from his todays partner in correspondence), I anyway hope he continues his engagement here, which for sure is not easy to find.

I think we all learn, this chance should be given to anyone. Due to strong opinions, which are the positive salt in here imo and which I generally cherish, or degradiations, which always still shine through, even if general acceptance of the other opinion is revealed, some conversations escalate. This usually either leads to endless discussions, break-off or harshness.

So my vote is, stay online with a bit of reflection ELK and MichaelDenmark! We all need this now and then.

Well, since I have been here, only once did I think Elk may have been a little heavy handed. I discussed it with him off line and found that there had been history with the poster, and that was what brought the response.

I was a moderator, then promoted to super moderator [I know, just a title] on a car enthusiasts site. As a moderator you are either assigned to a couple of forum categories, or are expected to cover the whole site. When you do that, you start to see patterns. Some people are on the edge of trolldom. [I may have invented a new word] As members who only read what is of interest, we don’t always have the whole picture. Take Taji6, he signed up today, to post a critique of Elk. If I was moderating, his IP would be checked, along with his sign up data. Is it someone who was previously banned, or a member starting a second account, so he can say things he wouldn’t under his regular moniker?

This is the most easy going forum, I have been involved with. Go over to the Asylum, there are constant attacks on the audio press and members who seem to take shots at rivals regularly. I get tired of it. This forum may be so good because Elk puts out fires quickly. And maybe he has matured over the years, there is a learning curve. I imagine the regulars who are not coming to Elk’s defense have had confrontations with him, in the past.

Does anyone not think Michael was out of line? You will notice he changed his signature again, to something more benign. I mentioned it, because it could be enthusiasm or he is shilling for companies, as there is no advertising here. I don’t know.

We all get a little “out of line” from time to time, Elk and me included. I think Elk does a great job and if he gets a bit over the top I email him and we discuss it. We all want the same thing, a clean, thoughtful, informative forum where no one feels threatened and it’s a fun place to hang out and discuss audio.

Elk has done an amazing job of keeping that spirit alive and giving people space and freedom to participate. Sometimes we can get overly emotion driven - and that’s when a good forum moderator jumps in and diffuses the situation or leads us in another direction. I admire what Elk’s managed to do. We all must remember Elk’s a volunteer. He actually has a day job where someone pays him money. surprised-014_gifhappy-048_gif

I am ever so appreciative of the contributors to these forums. Our goal has always been the furtherment of high end audio and making sure there’s a safe and interesting haven to hang out and shoot the shit.

We all are in Elk’s debt for his time and patience.77_gifsmiley-music005_gif

I also want to thank Elk for his time and efforts; it’s a thankless job and he does it well. This is a much nicer place to hang out than so many internet forums. Let’s keep it that way – we can disagree, but also be civil and know when to step back if necessary.

What Paul said. I hope Michael sticks around but please take a deep breath and drop the personal attacks. I don’t always agree with Elk (we’ve had a debate or two over the years, but friendly) but I do always respect him and greatly appreciate the tremendous efforts he puts in.

Michael - Denmark said If Elk does what he claims he is not an amateur but a pro and it confuses me very much . . .
Definitely not a pro, but a serious hobbiest/semi-professinal musician, recording engineer, etc. As a result, I have a good amount of experience both in front of and behind microphones. And I am always learning.
Taji6 said Michael's flame-throwing was harsh. However, Elk has often attacked the opinions of others as well, which is not fitting for any "forum leader."
If you feel I am inappropriate in my posts, please let me know. There is absolutely nothing wrong with challenging the opinions of others as long as we avoid personal attacks. People will disagree. It is the nature of discourse.
jeffstarr said Take Taji6, he signed up today, to post a critique of Elk. If I was moderating, his IP would be checked, along with his sign up data. Is it someone who was previously banned, or a member starting a second account, so he can say things he wouldn't under his regular moniker?
Yep, but I leave people's motives to themselves. :)
Paul McGowan said I am ever so appreciative of the contributors to these forums.
Ditto! There is an amazing amount of knowledge and an incredible willingness to help, especially on the computer side of things which can be both tricky and frustrating.
stevem2 said I hope Michael sticks around but please take a deep breath and drop the personal attacks.
I, too, hope Michael stays. I however deleted his last post as it was solely a personal attack on stevem2

By the way, I rarely delete posts. I delete spam, duplicates, and the very rare attack with no independent value.

I might have changed my mind if I had seen the post before it was deleted.

Diving into a few past posts makes much sound weird, trumpesque, pathological, whatever one wants to call it…definitely more than a language issue.

:slight_smile:

Goodness… I’ll stick my nose (or foot) in here, hoping to add to the discussion without prolonging the issues.

Elk has been around here for some time and has contributed much to the forum. Even though he can be a bit blunt or forward at times, in my memory he has never been downright rude. Perhaps occasionally a bit more personal in his comments than I think is proper, but not rude or offensive. I often agree with him, but not always. Occasionally I initially have a negative reaction to his statements, but very shortly realize that I agree or at least accept that he is basically correct in his assertions. When we do differ, I accept that others views are as valid as my own and just move on to the next subject. I also know well that Elk can defend himself and it will take far more than this incident to drive him away. Still, a bit of support is good.

Michael - Denmark is new here and apparently does not yet know the active members well. I realize that part of the issue may be a language barrier, but not all. This forum works exceptionally well because the members respect each other even if they don’t agree. I hope that Michael stays around, but at the same time he needs to mellow his personal interaction a bit. More voices, more opinions and more experience are welcome and useful. Personal insults and attacks do not add to the discussion and do not belong here (or anywhere). I know that I occasionally get wound up, but make a substantial effort to not detract from the group interaction.

As is often the case, I am late to the party here. In truth, I have not been as involved in this hobby as I was for some time. I try to stay connected with this group in particular and do try to contribute when and where I can. I wish that I could do more than I have for a while. At that, even at my best I don’t think that I could come close to what Elk has contributed for some years now.

Thank you all, and now, let’s get back to the friendly exchanges that make this forum the gem that it is.

J.P.

jazznut said

Diving into a few past posts makes much sound weird, trumpesque, pathological, whatever one wants to call it…definitely more than a language issue.

Elk said

:slight_smile:

"Diving into a few past posts makes much sound weird, trumpesque, pathological, whatever one wants to call it…definitely more than a language issue."

Vil du være så venlig at få mig slettet fra det her PS audio rum og på samme tid meldt mig ud af deres registrering. Jeg er forbløffet. Sådanne beskyldninger som jazznut

fremkommer med er direkte æreskrænkende. Jeg har intet at bruge det her PS audio sted til mine tre produkter fra dette firma skal ikke være registreret for at beholde garantien i henhold til EU. Jeg har skrevet til PS uden at få svar på hvornår jeg er slettet som bruger herfra. ELK jeg må fastholde at du er fuld af lort. Med kh MMB.

1 Like

According to Google Translator…

Vil du være så venlig at få mig slettet fra det her PS audio rum og på samme tid meldt mig ud af deres registrering. Jeg er forbløffet. Sådanne beskyldninger som jazznut

fremkommer med er direkte æreskrænkende. Jeg har intet at bruge det her PS audio sted til mine tre produkter fra dette firma skal ikke være registreret for at beholde garantien i henhold til EU. Jeg har skrevet til PS uden at få svar på hvornår jeg er slettet som bruger herfra. ELK jeg må fastholde at du er fuld af lort. Med kh MMB.

Equals

Would you be kind enough to get me deleted from this PS audio room and at the same time signed me out of their registration. I’m amazed. Such accusations as jazz nut
Appear with your direct defamation. I have nothing to use this PS audio location for my three products from this company must not be registered to maintain the warranty under the EU. I have written to PS without the answer when I’m deleted as a user from here. EVER, I have to admit that you are full of shit. With kh MMB.

FYI.

1 Like
stevem2 said

I might have changed my mind if I had seen the post before it was deleted.

Steve, unless there was more than one post deleted, I think the post in question was directed at me. I had questioned the link changes in his signature line. The first one was a link to acoustics company, and one other. No red flags there but the second one was to another rival audio company. When I questioned the motives, it was changed to a link to his country. That is when he posted some minor indults towards me.

I think it was kind of some our members to post that they would like Michael to stay, too bad he focused on the others that may have been justly critical. I just found his attack on Elk, odd, a change from the earlier positive posts, to recent criticism of his PSA gear, which if true, he should have contacted customer services, they would be happy to help.

If this forum is like most others a member’s account can be closed, but his posts will remain. It’s too bad this got out of hand.