I upgraded from U-Turn Pluto to a Nuwave Phono preamp. The pluto preamp has a fixed gain of 36 dB, however, when I set the same gain on Nuwave Phono the volume is much lower - I would expect it to be the same, is that an incorrect assumption?
I also set the input impedance to 47 kΩ to match the pluto.
Parameters of Pluto:
- Input impedance: 47 kΩ
- Input capacitance: 100 pF
- Gain: 36 dB @ 1 kHz
- THD: < 0.005% (A-weighted)
- S/N ratio: -90 dBA
- RIAA accuracy: +/- 0.5 dB (20Hz-20kHz)
- Crosstalk: -80 dB (20Hz-20kHz)
- Dimensions: 5.8 x 1.6 x 3.6"
- Weight: 0.9 lb
I am using the unbalanced output on the preamp (not the balanced one).