Dealing with my CDs

Thanks! Photos are a little old and the last tower is nearly full!

Nicely done!
If I was still living in 5500 sq ft, this wouldn’t be an issue.
But we’re snuggled in much smaller now.

1 Like

Yes, being terminally single has its advantages! I love the looks when people ask, “What do you mean, ‘CD room’?”

3 Likes

If you were uncertain who to name in your will for the CD collection, I’m your guy.

3 Likes

Funny, I was gonna say the same thing to Lonson!

1 Like

Those Benno CD racks work nicely and show well too. Nice collection of music you have.

1 Like

The lighting you achieve is REALLY nice! Well done.

2 Likes

Rip them, put them on a NAS and play them on a DAC and be done with it. My CD’s and SACD’s only get handled once, then put away never to seen again.

I was beating that drum the past year or so. Then about a month ago I bought a PST and I am back to playing CDs for the first time in years. The PST is the best sounding CD transport I have ever heard and sounds superior to my streamer.

4 Likes

15 Likes

Very Nice! How do you have it organized? By composer?

Hey, also ask him about his glass water pitchers?! And, did he pick out the curtains?

It’s not my CD room but a friend’s. I will ask about the pitchers. I believe he has just south of 8,000 discs in the room (additional shelves and islands).

1 Like

Guys that spend a fortune on gear, I often think that doesn’t necessarily mean their system sounds all that better than mine…but when I see multi-thousand CD collections, yeah, I’m feeling a bit inadequate.

3 Likes

Never found any streaming setup that equals my PWT/i2s/DS setup. Physical CDs are still the King.

3 Likes

Another buddy of mine has 5,500 ish compact discs, attends live music almost weekly (pre-COVID) but listens via a 20yr old Yamaha CD and receiver and Definitive Tech speakers.

4 Likes

The fact that he is attending live performances weekly indicates he has his listening priorities straight. While I surely appreciate a nice listening system to this day my preference is a live performance, preferably in an intimate setting.

1 Like

Well I definitely like the look, but… :money_mouth_face:

Wood_DVD_Packaging

1 Like

Same here. Streaming is convenient but that combo is the best for me as well.

I have a few CDs I would like to have that “case” for.
(none by Supertramp though)
(I suppose that goes without saying)

2 Likes