Dec 7 they arrive

Sorry Paul I should of said it. It goes directly to the bass control modual , no preamp.

Elk keep in mind I know almost nothing of setting things up correctly. It’s just abase line. It simplely shiws to put he bass towers about 10 to 15 inches from walls and about 2 feet from back wall. Bass towers go just behind the wings about 8 inches from front of wings to front of bass towers. It’s the same setup shown for the rs1B and the betas . It tamed the boom down plenty . This will be along while and I do intend to do room sweeps. And add pauls cross over as well as my own deqx model Hdp4. This is so diffentl from any headphone but very much like the rs1B. I have to start some where. Right ?

1234 said Sorry Paul I should of said it. It goes directly to the bass control modual , no preamp.
So the DAC feeds the Bass control module single ended. Then how does the amp get its signal? Single ended or balanced?

On my system I feed everything balanced. When we modified the IRS crossover, Bob also modified the servo control unit to accept balanced and that made a good difference. Louder too. But the IRS are efficient - and so, I am surprised you’re not getting much volume. With the BHK installed I never go past 60 or 70 on DirectStream’s volume control.

Yes all is single ended.

The dac goes directly to the cross over. The mid high output goes to the resister cap box.

Yes I actually have them lol.

The amp is an Aragon 8008BB. also used SE

but I go to 100 loud it’s not very loud at all. Even if it were the amp the bass amps are not loud either. Three other dacs are much louder and I cannot go above 60 or so. Even less on one dac. But it’s output. is too hot or on the hot side. And this is wig the attenuation turned off. I’ll try it on later and even reload the firmware just to see if it makes a difference. It’s no like there are many of us to ask and thanks for the replys. Moving them around has made a huge improvement but image bus better but not Correct. I need to make the rear walls all the same first. Then I’ll do the diffusion panel.

Mondo play a super audio cd with a Japanese drum solo. Holy cow what they can reproduce when asked. On another dac the floor was vibrating and its concrete with insul board and 3/4 plywood then a hardwood floor.

It also had my body moving as well as air in the room. My friend is an audio bud he has heard stuff from all over the world he was happy. Not bad for 30 years old lol.

Make sure the DirectStream’s attenuator is not on. Go to the tool icon on the top left of the screen. Near the bottom of the screen make sure the attenuator is not active. You can also press the “filter” button on DirectStream’s remote control and toggle the attenuator on/off.

I tried the mute and the attenuation . They both work. I also relaoded the firmware. It’s just low period.

I even craggy some cables to make sure too. Dac to crossover the to cap / resonance matching box to mid high amp. All connections checked.

I have tried a few preamps it’s fine now lol .

after playing around with recommended setup placement things got better not perfect but obvious improvements.

The ds dac showed its prowes for sure and I now have even more respect then before for all of is audio in making this DAC.

On one song or track I can highly recommend is on the ultra cd , it’s Japanese drums really big ones KODO I think. It was like thunder in my room. Making both body parts and air move in intense ways . This dac has dynamics that are just jaw dropping lol had to say that Paul.

The cd is mere PCM at its best as always some tracks are better than others. Me and my friend played music for hours on end . I played my best dsd as well. Elvis was in the house and 9 feet tall. As well as Sinatra at the sands and assorted opus . Also buena vista club tracks.

The tiny sounds that most setups never reveal were all there weather it’s loud or soft. This dac just gives new stuff every time .

The imaging is better but still far from stable or correct. When I get back I’ll do some plywood stuff to make the rear walls even from right to left and go from there. If I can or allowed I’ll post the drums track it’s a wow track.