Look who the cat dragged-in. Again.....

I must visit more often. The last time I was here, there was a forum change only to be greeted by another one.103_gif

Anyway, I just turned the system back on from a four month hibernation and trying to catch-up with Paul’s posts coincidentally discussing sub-woofers as I just purchased two GoldenEar ForceField 4’s. They arrived this afternoon and warming up. So I have no idea how they sound yet. Looks like I’ll be playing with their positions for a few days. Maybe a few pointers from the PS peanut gallery might help. I know my favorite peanut will… 4_gif

So, in a few hours I’ll pour a nice single malt and just relax. Retirement is hell.

IMG_0002.JPG

Welcome back!

Nice to see someone with sound treatment in their room!

Lonely Raven said Nice to see someone with sound treatment in their room!
It has been said many times that a modest system in a good room will outperform a state of the art system in a poor room. I have been very fortunate over the years to have dedicated music rooms.

Room treatment is good for sure but also what’s behind the walls can play a huge role. I’ve been using Sonopan and Sono X behind all walls, ceiling and floor.

The full description, including pictures were posted in the ‘System’ thread but it looks like they were removed. I’ll try to post more later.

To my knowledge, nothing was removed from the Systems thread. I hope a thorough search finds your past post(s).

Unfortunately the forum’s built in search function is limited, but Google does a pretty good job when pointed to the site. Perhaps you can recall some specific unique wording you used to use as a search.

Oh, many posts and a number of threads disappeared with the last forum change. This includes my System Three thread in the Ya, I’ve got a system section. Never mind my post count dropping from a few shy of 3000 to about 1000. Nevermind, nothing life threatening. :slight_smile:

J.P.

Yes. It should have occurred to me he was referring to old posts made before the conversion.

Thanks!

wingsounds13 said Oh, many posts and a number of threads disappeared with the last forum change. This includes my System Three thread in the Ya, I've got a system section. Never mind my post count dropping from a few shy of 3000 to about 1000. Nevermind, nothing life threatening. :-)

J.P.

Yep, same here JP. From 3000+ to 90. But like you said, not the end of the world. Too bad I’ve lost all my music threads though…Oh, and the UPS delivery girl pictures bringing my resonnator . I’ll have to give her a call. 4_gif

This has happened many time since the first board was set up back in the days of the P300. Losing posts (and post counts) is unfortunate but so it goes.

Yeah…My self esteem took a hit when I went from Community Leader to Newbie…21_gif