DirectStream DAC Junior ethertnet port 100Mbps or 1000Mbps

Does DS DAC Jr ethernet port accept 100Mbps or 1000Mbps signal? The reason I asked is that I would like to try the TP-Link ethernet media converter, but not sure which one to buy, MC200CM with 1000Mbps port or MC110CS with 100Mbps port. Thanks.

100Mbps - this is already just about 10x as fast as is really needed.

Hi zheng4,

Pretty sure it will only accept 100Mbps so you will need the MC110CS. Make sure you buy a SC-SC single mode patch OS1/2 (yellow cable). That’s what I’ve bought but I think I have a broken patch cable so I’ve been unable to get it to work!

I bought a cable, OM3 SC to SC 10Gb 50/125 Multimode Duplex fiber cable, at Amazon, aqua color, not yellow. Did I get the wrong cable?

The TP-Link device converts fiber to copper. You need a fiber cable, and a network cable. The network cable connects the TP-Link your DSJ, and the fiber connects the TP-Link to wherever it needs to go to connect to your network.

I am so glad I tried this, added two TPLink MC110CS and one OS2 SC-SC single mode optical cable in my system. The most noticeable improvements are prolonged instrument notes decay, piano note decay is one step closer to my grand piano, the other is more 3D. These changes are not subtle at all!!!