That would be enough for a few weeks…

Finally following my own choices (in order of scheduled application):
. Pink faun ethernet cable
. SR Purple into the Statement
. SR Master into the MK II
. AM-1 into the P15

Inherently related to Vince:
. Headphones (still to be purchased)

And I’m probably missing something else.
See you in June?!?!

I’m afraid before I’m able to end all these brake-ins we could see the launch of a new AirLens MK III

And

3 Likes

Gee! mine is simple comparing to yours. My only potential future break in is on a Innuos Pulsar. The more I read about it the more excited I get because it has optimized USB output. We will see if Airlen or Pulsar comes out first.

My other choice is a Lumin U2, and it is out already, but Pulsar seems a better choice.

1 Like

I shed a tear when I didn’t see any mention of headphones.

I have failed.

3 Likes

Sorry, just upgraded my previous post.

1 Like

Couldn’t be happier if you go on the Innuos route, this might provide in future more similarities between our systems with all beneficial comparisons it implies (cables, fuses, tubes, tweaks and so on). Hope the Pulsar will be launched really soon indeed.

1 Like

My handkerchief (fazzoletto) thanks you.

2 Likes

Stereophile just published their review of the DS DAC MK2 ( June 2023 ). John Atkinson did both the review and the measurements ( Stereophile and HiFi News & Record Review are two magazines that due high quality measurements of gear the review ). I have a great respect for John as a reviewer and as an engineer. I would describe his review as luke warm at best. He liked the sound, but found high levels of ultrasonic noise that made it impossible to make some of his usual measurements. This seems somewhat reminiscent of the first review Stereophile did of the MK1 DAC.

Ted, Have you had a chance to see the Stereophile review? Is the problem that JA is having due to not having the right measurement scheme for very high sample rate DSD DACs?

Ted has been discussing the review and measurements the last few days in this thread: