Directstream stop working every 3 or 4 hours ... need reboot!

Thank you scotte1. Great
Best regards
Lorenzo

I had this issue as well with Windom and straight USB into the DS. When I started investigating, I found that it was doing it consistently when the my PC/FOOBAR was moving from higher rez (24-192) to lower rez (24-96 or lower). It was during some testing of the Matrix after the Windom update. Normally, I use Matrix to AES/EBU with absolutely no issues, and prefer that sound much better anyway. I stick with that and donā€™t look back.

YMMV

Iā€™m going to send an email your way with some files. Letā€™s see if this helps.

Thank you Flip 49
best regards
lorenzo

Thank you very much Jameshā€¦

How should I use them? I put them all on a single card and reinitialize by switching off and on as a normal sw loading?
Best regards
Lorenzo

Exactly. Use them like youā€™ve done with the other loads. Then go into the settings screen and make sure Windom has loaded.

I did itā€¦ now itā€™s working ( I checked on panel and windom is loaded ), iā€™m already listening ā€¦
let me check it keep working some hours without freezeā€¦
Thank you very much James and to all for your support !!
Best regards
lorenzo

Please do. Iā€™ll have my fingers crossed over here hoping it doesnā€™t freeze.

Hi James, my fingers was crossed too !!
Here the response:
For at least three hours everything was fine, then it stopped ā€¦ I reset and started working again, but this time for only an hour ā€¦ then freeze againā€¦
Now here it is morning and I have to go to work, I will come back this evening and do some more tests (I would like to see how he behaved with redcloud) Obviously I will follow your every advice.
Thank you very much
Lorenzo

Lorenzo, sorry to hear itā€™s still happening. I just sent you an email.

Hi James,
this morning I loades Redcloud before go to work, and itā€™s still workingā€¦
it seems a mystery ā€¦
with Huron and Redcloud ok
with Snowmass and Windom Freeze ā€¦
Can it depend on my windows 10 pc? ( it look work well) I use it to manage Jriver mc26, while the data is stored on QNAP on the network.
Thank you again
lorenzo

Hi James,
I can confirm with loaded redcloud DS is working without problem,
I will stop on this release for the moment ā€¦ i have not more ideas , but of course any your suggest is welcomeā€¦
Thank you again to all
Lorenzo

Hi James, Hello everybody,
I would like to share the resolution of the problem inherent in the fact that when mounting windom or snowmass the Ds stopped after some time:
I have installed the bridge II and everything now works regularly, because I have removed the usb cable, that is, to connect my PC with the DS - now I donā€™t use the driver, this was giving me problems, and I tested everything on two differentiu PCs using JRiver.
I hope my experience will help someone,
I thank everyone who helped me to find the solution.
Grazie e un saluto
Lorenzo