DMP 3.10 Splashing and auto start

^ This seems to be more common than previously. CDs that had once shown up in My Playlist no longer appear.

I have been working with Barry on this very issue. You will find that if you put 3.09 in the disk will show up on the playlist and the cover art and track list will be displayed. Your DMP is behaving just like mine!

1 Like

Hopefully a fix is in the works for the next FW release. Please keep us posted if the issue gets corrected for you so it can be tested in the wider world.

You will notice with the CDā€™s that do not display it takes a long while as it it waiting for a response and does not get it than it times out and starts playing track one of the CD before you select any track.

How to contact Barry? Canā€™t find his email, sorry. Thanks!

Barry Solway barrys@psaudio.com Thatā€™s the Email adress

Iā€™ll forward this on to Barry for you. Oops. I see you already have it. Let me know if I can help.

Dephonator,
I have been assisting Barry and am currently running a beta load in my tempermental DMP. It has been working very well. It sounds like it will release very soon. I am very happy with this one. I believe you will be too. The SACDā€™s have been consistently playing as DSD. the text and cover art has been showing up on all disks. The load time is reasonable and the remote responsive. The sound quality is wonderful. Donā€™t quit on the DMP like some it is worth the wait!

4 Likes

Oh, that sounds like great progress, particularly as we were told no further releases this year. Unfortunately, too late for me, I gave up on it already.

This is good news, sixpack! Thank you. I was indeed about to give up and ask my money back from my dealer in late summer. I had purchased it in January. I made some very critical remarks in this forum, maybe even a bit on the aggressive side (if that was the case, my belated apologiesā€¦) My DMP came with firmware 2.06. It is at 3.10 now and the main problems I had with selecting tracks or wrong track numbers in the display, seem to be gone, but it still shows some of the quirks mentioned here in the forum. The DMP is actually a great product and improved the sound quality of my modest setup dramatically. And I can play audio formats I couldnā€™t before. No way of letting it go! Instead Iā€™ll do my best to contribute to further improvement by bringing my observations to Barryā€™s and his colleagueā€™s attention.

1 Like

Thanksā€¦