DMP Firmware 1.94

ebay can be a difficult place! Sorry to hear that happened to you. It is ridiculous that someone can get away with something like that. The equipment that you buy and sell is always of the highest quality.

And the guy emailed me outside eBay after he received it to say it was a great cable for the price paid. Well yeah, he got a genuine AQ cable for a fraction of new price. Anyway, so be it.

I recently sold a set of Magico speaker spikes on eBay to a guy in the Netherlands. Come time to ship it I couldn’t find the floor saver discs the spikes sit on. So I shipped him the set of spikes minus the missing part, and I ordered a new set of floor savers from Magico for him. Cost me more than what I got paid for them.

That’s awful and it reminds me of a Churchill quote: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. And that was then!

I have a new disc spinner coming soon so I’m going to have to do something similar to get my collection cataloged and shelved, replace broken jewel cases etc, clean discs etc. One gets lazy with such discipline when you’re used to not needing a disc to play the disc.

1 Like

Very nice wood work! I made similar shelves, but more basic, my aim was to get as many discs in as possible, so the shelves reach up to the ceiling and I need a ladder to get to the top most row…

1 Like

Well organized collection (at least the classical department is…). But the flat is a mess, had some renovation done last year, still not finished…

2 Likes

Maybe a new thread about storing, cataloguing, etc. would be a good idea? Or is there one already?

Or ignoring the Illegal Bait & Switch falsehoods [as I mentioned (above) of the empty DMP format offering(s).]

I wouldn’t agree with the bait and switch claim…bait and switch is more like when you order fresh local snapper at the fish and chip shop but they knowingly give you frozen Vietnamese carp instead, to boost their profit on the transaction.

In the DMP marketing context however, I certainly agree that the claims made didn’t quite match what was being sold. Although there was never any intent to deceive. However, when the disparity about what was promised and reality became known, more affirmative action should have been taken to bring everything into proper alignment.

2 Likes

yet PSA continues to advertise falsely

I know, and I made that point above. The same thing is happening with PowerPlay no longer delivering, despite what the marketing says.

As far as I understand Bait & switch is defined as advertising a product which you don’t stock or only have an extremely limited number and then trying to ‘upsell’ to a more expensive model.
This isn’t happening (as far as I understand) - for a couple of products the physical unit doesn’t fulfill the advertising or operational claims.
That’s false advertising, especially continuing the same advertising when the failures are acknowledged or well documented. Unless the intent is to remedy the issues in a reasonable timeframe.
Not the best outcome for all concerned.

i’m dumping PS A while it still has any value

It’s been a calamity from the beginning, that’s for sure. Let’s hope they do something much better for what replaces it.

. . . you appear to be subconsciously agreeing.

No. Overtly agreeing, except for the bait and switch bit aspect. The intention was never to hide mine under the bed, that was an inconsequential consequence. The purpose was to just give it a rest until I could find it a new place to sleep. Which I did. DMP has no place here, it fell way short of meeting expectations.

how can you ignore the fact it is still advertised as a DVD player and not consider it a violation of your trust? or bank account…

I don’t ignore it. I take all their marketing with a big pinch of salt. They know the exuberance of their initial marketing sometimes doesn’t match subsequent reality. Marketing of some of their other products didn’t quite match reality as well. It’s been pointed out to them. It’s been suggested they update the website product information. It’s been suggested they update the owners manual. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

I have no axe to grind on this one. DMP ownership didn’t cost me anything.

1 Like

Iron…you’ve certainly placed a few irons in the fire this morning!:rage: How to make friends and influence people…

It’s not an easy task being a moderator https://www.linn.co.uk/forums

I am sure my good buddy - the redoubtable JeffofArabia will be along put you straight on the legalities, truths and falsehood of your claims… “Personally, I couldn’t give a toss”!.!

2 Likes

Have you requested that the retailer or PS Audio (directly) refund the purchase price on return of the dysfunctional products?