Various experience with various products

Save the buggy one for Brodric.

1 Like

Murphy’s law will guarantee that Brodric will get the faulty one.

1 Like

I think you mean that karma will guarantee that Brodric will get the faulty one.

1 Like

I think it 99% true that they will all be perfect before they sell a single one.

i did get 2 problem units…MSB did overnight back and forth and was back in 4 days (they offered a new one, but that was a week longer, being out of stock)…

a different unit, with repair on the transport power base – the power base gave up the ghost after 2 weeks…this time, FedeX sent my package to the wrong state, MSB paid $2000 to have a private driver to bring it up on a Saturday (they promised it would be returned by the end of the week - and kept their word without asking/prodding - wow, it really did cost them $2000 to ship the transport overnight back and forth!)…

now, MSB is a company that stands behind their products!

when my 2nd DMP was DOA, i was very dissatisfied with their attitude and lack of taking responsibility…i ended up returning the unit to the store i bought it from and bought another new one from them at the same time…PSA ONLY offered to Fix it, with an unreasonable time delay before i would get the unit back from repair – transport sounded like it had a ground short, because of the 60Hz buzzing…no new unit was offered…told it was my system!.…i told PSA i had an identical DMP that worked in the same system (i did have 2 transports) and was still told “it was my system that was defective, not the DMP”…REALLY??

with the MSB, I got what i paid for…without begging to replace a New unit with a Working New unit…each time they offer a replacement 1st off.

by the time you read this post, my personal troll, if he stays on pattern, will edit the PSA paragraph before anyone can read it…or move the post to another dated sub-post so no one can be informed of any type of problems…sad

That was a mistake, throwing good money after bad. Consumer law in your country is weak. If you were in my country you would have got a brand new one, or a refund, and the choice would be yours, not theirs. That is the law.

2 Likes

So returning a defective PS Audio product and then buying another unit of the same product is throwing good money after bad? Why are you here if you hate PS Audio so much. I am tired of your constant picking on PS Audio.

1 Like

actually, i did get a new one…i simply gave the other unit (DOA) back to the dealer (cable company) and they handed me a new one…but Cable Company did the right thing; PSA couldn’t be bothered after the sale…or care less about me, the customer…

Yes, absolutely. If you receive a DOA product you should get a brand new replacement. If that solution isn’t offered to you by the people who already have taken your money, then giving them more money so you can get what you should have got in the first place is throwing good money after bad. By the very definition of the term.

You wouldn’t get tired of me picking on PS Audio if their products worked properly, because if they worked properly I wouldn’t be complaining about them not working properly. How about have some sympathy for the customer who received two DOA PS Audio products?

1 Like

Well, you might have mentioned that at the outset.

Really, just go away. You are a bitter person that cannot move on.

2 Likes

no need to resort to name calling…even Brodric has a right to be heard…truth hurts?

2 Likes

That takes me back to one of their YouTube videos I saw (perhaps) a few years ago. They have this bell in PS Audio HQ that they ring when the monthly sales target is reached, to great fan fare and celebration. Which is fine. But what struck me as being missing is the bell that should get rung when a customer problem gets fixed. There just seems to be this focus on selling stuff is the higher priority than fixing stuff. The best chess player at PS Audio said as much only last week.

post is now removed

1 Like

I’m entitled to be here because I am an owner of PS Audio products. If your experience is different to mine, and all those other people here that pay good money but receive DOA PS Audio products, that’s fine. You must be in Paul’s 99% Brigade. I’m happy to read your opinions, and I’m very happy that you are happy with your experience. I can relate to, and sympathize with, people who experience disappointment with their PS Audio products, for whatever reason. And @iron is one of those. He reported he received not one, but two DOA DMP’s.

1 Like

I have moved on. My faulty PS Audio DAC was replaced with another faulty PS Audio DAC which was replaced with an Esoteric, which works perfectly. My faulty PS Audio “last disc player I ever needed to own” was also replaced with an Esoteric, which works perfectly.

Oh, and I might add…I just saw Paul’s latest video from AXPONA where he was asked about the replacement for DMP. His answer went something like: it will be the best disc spinner ever “if we can get it to work”. I’m sick in bed late at night now, but watching that caused my coughing chest to turn into a burst of laughter.

3 Likes

Hear, hear…

1 Like

As PSA I’d create a „bad customer experience thread“ to which all posts with such experiences are generally moved if not initially created there.

This would enable people to post there if needed, it would keep the other threads clean of it and it would show if very few people post about the same (but for them essential) experiences over and over again or if many are posting about various such experiences. Possible fake posters could also be detected more easily. I guess this would help all interests.

1 Like

“The staff would have to wear ear defenders”…

1 Like

post is now removed

1 Like