DMP fuse replacement

Yes and the same is true in the other direction. Never install a slow blo fuse where a soft blo is specified! That would not cause a fuse failure but possible damage to the device the fuse was protecting.

I would think a 2a fuse would be just fine but I am cautious about expecting too much. I have heard big improvements in DACs but have never tried it in something like a transport. I struggle ti imagine how it might help. But I donā€™t think thereā€™s a danger to
blowing it.

1 Like

Thanks, Paul. So long as Iā€™m not putting the machine at risk. @sixpack1 is correct about the tight values of these fuses, so it seems like an extra 0.4 should still place it in range of a typical stock fuse.

i know that aftermarket fuses are among the more questionable tweaks. But Iā€™ve used HiFi Tuning in both the DAC and PWT, and thought that each made a worthwhile improvement. I wonder. Does it matter if the effect is entirely illusory, if you can believe in the illusion? Life might be a dream, but what does that matter if weā€™re stuck in it? :laughing:

Anyway . . .

In audio like in life Paceboā€™s can be a cure even though they really may not be.

Words worth hearing. :thinking:

To calm me down, when I was complaining about my DMPs misbehavior, my dealer gave one of these as a gift to me. I havenā€™t tried it yet.

Since SR claims the fuse is directional, which way to insert it? One needs to know the direction of electricity flow in the fuse holder in the DMP. It may have been mentioned before, but I couldnā€™t find it by searching the forum.

Anyone can clarify? Thanks in advanceā€¦

When you pull the old fuse out from the back of the DMP, put in the new SR fuse with the R going in first and the S facing toward the back. Power comes in from the back and goes through the fuse with the SR lettering and the R side should be the load side. I have not try reversing it since it sounded really good the way it is.

1 Like

Thanks!!! I will try it like thisā€¦

EDIT: I managed to get the Blue fuse in. Iā€™ve been really sceptical, butā€¦ man, if that is a placebo, itā€™s a really strong one! Since the sound is said to change over 200 to 300 hours (I wish, it wouldnā€™tā€¦), my plan is to keep the SR fuse in for a couple of weeks and then audition the original one againā€¦ For now, Iā€™m glad I tried itā€¦