DS DAC Firmware Evolution

I recently rolled back the DS DAC’s firmware to Snowmass because it’s always been a favorite of mine. After living with it a while and finding it as pleasant as I remembered I went back to Sunlight. As good as Snowmass was, Sunlight is in some ways in another league. Kind of like the majors versus the farm team with no disrespect to Snowmass because it’s excellent as is.

I’ve been on the firmware train since 1.2.1 and have gotten off at every enjoyable stop along the way. It got me thinking though that we went through 13 firmware versions so I decided to put them in order. Think I got it right but if someone sees something not right in the listing, please do tell. Thanks.

Pikes Peak
Yale
Torreys
Huron
Redcloud
Snowmass
Windom
Sunlight

6 Likes

Thanks Joe-Appierto…

Somehow I never saw the chronology and release order
of the DS software updates…

It is nice to have these listed for us as you have
provided for us…

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Best wishes

1 Like

You’re welcome. Hopefully I got the order right. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I started working here when Yale was the current FW. If memory serves, you have the correct order. Nice work and I think folks will enjoy knowing this!

5 Likes

Thanks, James. I was hoping you’d either validate or correct the order. It’s a piece of PS Audio history and should be chronicled. Again, thanks.

3 Likes

thanks for the awesome information.

I’m sure you’d notice that the FPGA versions are ascending.

Not sure what you mean. The early numbered versions are straightforward it’s the named versions I wanted to make sure were correct.

If you look at the files that make up a download, you’ll see the FPGA version number. The last two digits are the compile number (a number from 01 to 20), the preceeding numbers are Ted’s FPGA number. I had a look at what I have on my computer and can tell you the following:

PikesPeak 7914
Yale 9114
Huron 12004
Redcloud 13101
Snowmass 3.06 13919
Windom 14507
Sunlight 15423

Dan.

2 Likes

Aha! Didn’t know that. I had to figure which of the named versions came before the others by the dates I had in my PC for each folder.