DS to MK2 changeover question

I see MK2 beta testing well is under way. A question from a current DS owner:

My setup is very simple: NUC (running Roon Rock) → ethernet → switch (connected to router) → ethernet → Bridge II → DS. I run Roon via Windows 11 laptop, two phones.

With “Bridge II → DS” disappearing when MK2 comes along, what exactly do I need to purchase along with the MK2?

I’d like to use MK2’s I2S input AND maintain ethernet feed (as switch is in my basement).

Do I just need a streamer and an I2S cable? I want to keep it as simple as I had it before. It’s almost like I just need to replace the Bridge II, no?

Suggestion of products would be nice. I’m sure I’m not the only DS owner wondering this.

Thanks in advance, Dave

1 Like

PSA’s plans for a direct, upgraded replacement of the Bridge II Ethernet card is called the AirLens,

Tons of info in the threads here for you to learn more…search engine is your friend.

FYI.

1 Like

Great. Will check it out. I’ve heard it referenced

Thanks, Dave

Happy Cake Day @daveboyd !!!

You beat me to the punch!

1 Like

Wait…there’s punch AND cake?!

5 Likes

Just punch for you Scott, we are watching out for your figure.

1 Like

…but not my pocketbook.

1 Like

We are heart healthy around here, but fiscally irresponsible. Though, for some they may be interrelated.

1 Like

Hi, there’s a smallish range of I2S via hdmi network transporters out there right now. The AirLens will be the natural complement to the DS2, for a streamer, and hopefully will be released either with, or very shortly after the DS2.

Some other i2s via hdmi network transporters out there include the:

Thanks for info. Will definitely check them out

Thanks again, Dave

1 Like

If you’re running Roon another option is the iFi Neo Stream which is I2S compatible with the DS II.

Thanks for iFi option. I’m leaning (so far) towards an all-PS Audio setup via an Airlens-MKII combo.

2 Likes

Back for more…

If I connect my Roon ROCK NUC (via USB) directly to the MKII, I would not need a streamer I assume (?).

What would I be gaining by buying the AirLens instead and using I2S? What am I losing if I don’t bother with a streamer in terms of performance, Roon usage, future benefits, etc.?

Just wondering if keeping it as simple as possible is the way to go.

p.s. I was informed by a Canadian dealer that the AirLens is still a couple of months away.

THanks in advance, Dave

You may go for the direct connection.

Please refer to the ‘PS Audio Airlens’ thread to keep you updated on both of your queries.