DSD Bridge 2.8.8 not "certified"

I was directing you to the Roon forum because everything looks ok on the bridge/DAC side of thing. They might have a better idea of other things to check from their side of things, that could point you to the reason it is not certified, like log files they could point you to.

Dennis

Ah, okay, thanks for that clarification, Dennis. I might try to peruse the Roon forum this coming weekend and will report back here with any updates. Thanks again.

The main thing I have been told to look at, is Firewalls, both on your computer and router.

Dennis

I just checked the Roon forum, where a DSJr. owner reported the Bridge II “Uncertified” problem here.

Roon’s Chief Technology Officer Brian Luczkiewicz responded just ten hours ago as follows here:

It's because the device was momentarily identifying itself to Roon as "CDMCM-210" instead of its real name.

I think this sometimes happens after firmware updates of these devices. Maybe something to take up with PS Audio.

So PS Audio suggests we check with Roon while Roon suggests we check with PS Audio…

I would be grateful if PS Audio and Roon would work together to address this issue. Thanks very much.

If the bridge is reporting CDM-210 it sounds like the bridge code has been corrupted. Email me to dennis@psaudio.com and I’ll get you a way to reload it.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, thanks, I will email you momentarily. I should mention that all my UPnP control point apps recognize the Bridge II as “BridgeII” (without the quotes and with no space between Bridge and II).

Hi Dennis and thanks for emailing the v2.9.14 firmware for the Bridge II. I re-installed v2.9.14 and Roon still saw the Bridge II as “Uncertified.” I then power-cycled the DS using the rear-panel toggle switch and all is well again:

Screen-Shot-2017-02-21-at-8.14.25-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2017-02-21-at-8.16.44-PM.png

Bootzilla said

Hi Dennis and thanks for emailing the v2.9.14 firmware for the Bridge II. I re-installed v2.9.14 and Roon still saw the Bridge II as “Uncertified.” I then power-cycled the DS using the rear-panel toggle switch and all is well again:

I now have an idea how to fix this issue for good, and will be implementing shortly. would you like to test it for me when it is finished?

Dennis

Hi Dennis, sure, happy to help. Please free to email me directly.

Uh oh … the “Uncertified” / CDMCM-210 bug is back. All I did was boot up the PC containing the Roon core. Not gonna power-cycle the DS or reinstall the Bridge II firmware this time … Dennis, I will await your anticipated fix. Thanks.

So you did not reboot the DS/bridge, which means that its information is still correct. Unless the bridge somehow rebooted itself, which it can do. I am just wondering why it keeps happening to your system.

Dennis

Hi Dennis. I do not know what might be causing it, either. Hopefully, the upcoming potential fix you mentioned in post #28, above, will do the trick.

I’ve experienced the same issue as bootzilla wrt Roon seeing my DS. I’d be more than happy to be on the beta testers for any fix you come up with Dennis. Some of the issue may be the frequency with which Roon is releasing updates (seems like every few days since 1.3 was released, not certain if it is the core updates and/or remote updates for my iPad). Perhaps that is what is resetting any fixes you have made?

i should add that I updated my DS with the firmware you had sent to me Dennis but my Roon installation (ethernet via my QNap NAS) never recognized my DS as anything other than CDMCM-210, even after power cycling.

I just got a bridge from a customer that had this issue, and it is definitely a bad bridge board. There is nothing that can be done for it in software.

Dennis

Is there a way for us to tell if ours is the fault of a bad Bridge board?

If it does not show up as a PS Audio device in Roon, it is probably bad. If it shows up as a CDM-210 in Roon.

Dennis

So do I need to buy a new card then?

Contact Jeremy at psaudio and he will help you out. Or email me dennis@psaudio.com and I will foirward you to jeremy.

Dennis

Hi Dennis. Guess I need the Bridge II replacement, after all. I will contact you and Jeremy via email. Thanks.

Update: I installed a replacement Bridge II and it appears to have solved the Roon “Uncertified” issue, which had been causing an unwanted DSD-to-PCM conversion. Thanks, Dennis and Jeremy!

Note: I am running Bridge II firmware v2.9.14.