DSD with Roon: "Uncertified"

I’ve been enjoying Roon via Bridge II, but under Audio Settings my device shows up as “Uncertified.” Why?

This is very likely a case of a firewall on your Roon core/server machine blocking some aspect of the Bridge handshake/discovery service.

See this thread over on the Roon forum: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/device-is-not-being-recognized-as-certified-how-to-fix-this/12754?u=jwc

JimAustin said I've been enjoying Roon via Bridge II, but under Audio Settings my device shows up as "Uncertified." Why?
If the thread at the Roon forum does not fix your issue, feel free to email me at dennis@psaudio.com

This problem has been solved, although I’m not sure exactly what solved it. The thing that finally made “Uncertified” go away was turning off my DSD then leaving it off for several hours. A few seconds would probably have been enough; hard to know. When I turned it back on again and checked audio setup in Roon, that ugly red “uncertified” label was gone.

Very likely, this was just a necessary final step, and what I’d done earlier was what made the difference. Previously I’d tried playing with the firewall (Windows 10), all the way to shutting it down completely. After that, I restarted RoonServer (several times). When that didn’t work, I turned the firewall back on, but I left the exceptions on (

YMMV, but it appears the fix for this is to “allow [the following] apps to communicate through firewall”: roon, roonappliance, raatserver, both public and private for each, so 6 checks total, although I’m not sure which of these is essential, all or some. Power-cycle the DSD–leave it off for a while for good measure, although this may not be necessary–then restart Roon/RoonServer.

Thanks to @Dennis and others who helped.