Excellent Customer Service Undermined By Fedex

It’s really unfortunate that PS Audio’s excellent customer service is being consistently undermined by FedEx. This is the second time in as many months that shipments have been unexplainably delayed by FedEx. This time I placed an order on Tuesday for a pair of M700s and they left PS Audio that same day for delivery to San Francisco today. Great service! It turns out they are still is in Colorado according to FedEx :(. My last shipment spent a few days traveling back the way it came before finally landing. For PS Audio’s sake I hope its just me.

1 Like

I have had FedEx packages coming from Pennsylvania to Maryland go through Detroit, Richmond, Raleigh, ……WTF? (I’m still waiting for Honolulu)

1 Like

Yikes. Sorry about that! FedEx has always been one of the more reliable carriers but with the parts and shipping pandemic going on right now maybe that’s what’s hurting. We’ll do what we can to help just let us know.

1 Like

I’ve had two items shipped to me via Fedex this year. Both of them would be posted for delivery the day they shipped for what I thought was normal for the distance. The day Fedex tracking said they’d be delivered, the delivery date slipped out 4 days or so. This happened on both packages, one from Florida and one from Colorado. No explanation. No text or email to say they’d be late. Zip. The one from Florida took 6 days when it should have taken 2 or 3. The one from Colorado, replacement tubes and a book from PSA, should have taken 4 day but it took 10. I would use UPS given the choice for future shipments.

1 Like

I haven’t had good luck with UPS, either. Here, a little NE of Baltimore, Amazon is the only one who has reliable delivery, sometimes in under two hours!

1 Like

My last FedEx delivery (either P20 or BHK300) the driver literally rolled it like a square tire. I was impressed that it actually worked when I plugged it in. I would much rather use a common carrier with the freight on a pallet. I have had really good luck using truck freight but PSA doesn’t offer the option.

1 Like

I recently had a FedEx package from Music Direct that had to travel a little over 10 miles as the crow flies go awry. MD confirmed it was picked up but the FedEx tracking system ended with nothing but label creation and it didn’t arrive. MD told me when they initiated a trace they’ve had a rash of problems with FedEx failing to scan packages and with packages simply disappearing in their system. The lame excuse, again given to MD by FedEx (none of this is MDs fault), is heavy volume. Give me a break. Package delivery is all they do. FedEx also brutally pulverized another package, a Bryston amp I purchased from Audio Advisor which is only across the border in Michigan, to the point the carton seals were broken and it was nearly falling out of the package.

As consumers here in the US I could wish we had a means of pushing back. But between UPS and FedEx the two carriers have us over a barrel. If I have a choice, I see it as little more than picking my poison and crossing my fingers. It should not be this way.

In my case the delivery also did not change until the evening of the day it didn’t arrive. Now it simply says Pending. The other odd thing is that when it leaves a location it typically says where the next stop is. In this case it “left” Broomfield on the 9th and that’s it.

1 Like

I had a nightmare experience with FedEx with a major component I ordered from a dealer. First I had to wait forever for the item to be shipped to the dealer. Then when the dealer finally ship it to me with FedEx Ground, the item was on a pallet and was probably thrown around a bit because it was a little heavy. The item survived, but the label didn’t, and I got this “delivery exception” message from FedEX. It was delayed another week before it finally arrived. Good thing it was on a pallet, or I don’t know what would happen. I had this happened twice with this “delivery exception” with very important packages with FedEx.

Ahhh, for the good old days when FedEx was fast and reliable.

1 Like

With Covid restrictions ending mostly here in Canada. My wife decided to go back to her office. To speed things up she took here 49 inch curved monitor to work and we expected her replacement monitor to arrive next day as per FedEx. Well 10 days later it was still floating around here between trucks and warehouses. She can’t work off a laptop screen. We had to buy another one and we picked it up. We refused delivery of the monitor when it arrived 12 days late. 12 days for an overnight delivery? They should be ashamed.

1 Like

Out here in small-town rural USA, we have great package service—the local delivery folks are second to none. No complaints about them. UPS is typically (at a national/regional scale) most transparent, FEDEx delivers on Saturdays, and will typically deliver a package as soon as they get it (no waiting until the “promised” date). USPS is great for small stuff, but anything going to the Seattle sorting center takes 2-3 extra days.
I can’t say enough about our local folks—many are people I now know by name and who I’ve gotten to know over a pint or glass.

1 Like

Well the saga continues. Just got a message from FedEx that my delivery is to be rescheduled but they have no date. :grimacing: Tracking shows still in CO. Dropped a note to the PS Audio Help Desk to see if they can help as the shipping account holder.

Good News! It looks like enough of you in the Bay Area bought gear last week to fill their truck as suddenly the shipment is now in Northern CA due to be delivered today :grinning: Thanks for the assist!

1 Like

I had a poor FedEx experience as well which kind of put a sour note on the whole “new amps!” excitement. Won’t go into details but I did open a complaint and the local office contacted me. I sent them video of what happened. The worst part is retaliation from the driver. I live in a smallish town and that dude still gives me the stink-eye whenever he looks my way even a few years later. I realize everyone has a bad day and I completely score this one that way. No hard feelings from me I just expect people follow the process as designed and we will all be good. The process wasn’t followed that day and I called them out on it. Simple.

My most recent power cord purchase from The Music Room. Shipped from Indiana to Colorado for two stops to Iowa for a stop and then back to Chicago! :thinking:

I spoke too soon, as another day went by. :unamused: Well at least FedEx claimed the amps made it onto the delivery truck today. Unfortunately, the truck never left the depot for delivery. I’m back to Pending. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

When I received my M1200’s one box arrived on Friday and the other came on Monday.

Does anyone know if all FedEx deliveries are done by actual FedEx employees or does FedEx also utilize independent contractors (typically non-union)?

Just curious if there might be a distinction in terms of package handling quality?

Their own Union employees and multiple sub-contractors in every city based on size and weight of packages. At least three different trucks in my neighborhood every day. If a subcontractor the name is listed on the side of the box of the truck just behind the doors usually.