Excellent Customer Service Undermined By Fedex

FedEx is not union. UPS is. Just FYI. . . .

For me, here in Indianapolis, I’ve had many FedEx packages get to the area quickly - there’s a distribution hub in the suburban town on the northwest edge of the city. Things get there pretty quickly. The problem is it routinely takes another couple of days from there to my door. And to make it extra frustrating, their texts and emails say it’s out for delivery, then about 11:00 PM or midnight they’ll update it to the next day.

This is my experience as well as we too have a center nearby. Its once again “Out for delivery today”. We’ll see if the 3rd time is the charm.

One really wonders how FedEx stays in business. So the amps today once again were to be delivered today and then at 1pm I get a text that the delivery has been rescheduled for Wed. Needless to say I called FedEx to try and simply go and pick them up from their distribution center and finally got a human on the line. Her system showed that they were delivered to my requested hold location! She admitted that the website was now showing delivery on Wed. She then contacted the FedEx location and they confirmed they received them. Hallelujah, I have now picked them up even though FedEx shows they were not delivered. It really shouldn’t be this hard. Now time for some unboxing and setup. :grinning:

2 Likes

I have had good and bad experiences with all carriers, mostly good.

Nice to hear you now have your amps.

I start to go cross eyed thinking about the algorithms FedEx uses in order to function somewhat well. Luckily in Boulder they seem to be pretty consistent.

Quite the headache but at least they’re safe and with you now. Enjoy the setup and tunes!

1 Like

James, thanks and yes they made it safely and are breaking in nicely as I write this.

1 Like

I must apologize for my first posting here being negative. I was hoping that it would be about how great my new M700s being fed by a PowerPlant 3 sound. However, that posting is on hold given the poor performance of FedEx.

No mater who the vendor is, every item I have ever had delivered by FedEx shipping has been a problem and this time is no exception.

The original estimated delivery was to have been yesterday (Sat, Aug 7th). It was delayed and was updated to today. Not a big deal. Many things can cause this, though with FedEx, I have come to expect delays. Now again the shipment is delayed to tomorrow even though the tracking shows that it is on the delivery truck not 20 miles from my home. The tracking numbers are about meaningless when looking at the timeline vs location the packages are presumably at. The tracking can show it sitting a thousand miles away and then suddenly, without showing a departure scan, it appears in my local region. The it will sit on a truck for over 24 hours without moving.

The preceding was a rant from a older kid eagerly awaiting his new toys. :cry:

1 Like

Welcome, @Mike_L !

Shipping can indeed be frustrating.

1 Like

It is worth the wait, take a deep breath and enjoy your current system. You’ll have a bit of a break in to go through once the M700s are set-up.

I wish Fedex’s issues could be explained away by the pandemic, but I literally found a package I had ordered laying IN THE ROAD. It had been marked as “delivered” and I figured it had gone, yet again, to the wrong house. Nope, out in the road about a mile from my house.

1 Like

I empathize with you - Fedex is awful. My new P12 was expected today and has been rescheduled for Wednesday. It’s now in Chicago, 7 hours away yet it’ll take 3 days to get here to Ohio. I had other shipments of audio equipment scheduled for pickup at my local Fedex office (Fedex tends to leave expensive equipment on my doorstep otherwise without a signature). First it’s scheduled for pick up tomorrow and then it isn’t, and then it is and the next day it’s on the truck at 6 AM scheduled for delivery at 11 AM, I check, get confirmation it’s waiting at the office for me and then 5 minutes later I get a tracking update that it’s been rescheduled for pickup the next day. No reason. The people at the Fedex office are as puzzled as I am - but the equipment is right there on the shelf - undamaged and ready for me to bring home. I could do without the stress. And don’t start me on Fedex shipping wine from California!

2 Likes

See the earlier posts, including mine. You aren’t alone. I’m finding FedEx’s seemingly sudden inability to scan packages and run an accurate tracking system aggravating. I’m also finding the canonical excuses of the pandemic and shipping volume, those are what I’m hearing lately, tiresome. I’m at that point where a significant consideration when shopping for gear is whether I can find what will do it for me at my in-town on-line retailer Music Direct. Why? Because I then have the option of the train to uptown to pick up my goodie in person or even doing car share for heavier, bulkier items. Most don’t have that option. But I do and that’s how I’m attempting to do an end run around both FedEx and UPS. Talk about being fed up …

2 Likes

My cd purchases from Acoustic Sounds are all through Fedex and all have taken over a week at least. Their tracking information shows expected delivery on a certain date. The date comes and goes and the status changes to pending. Recently when the scheduled delivery date would pass, it would get updated to be scheduled for the next day. The next day would arrive and the whole cycle starts all over again. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Local does have certain advantages. PS Audio’s current promotion is compelling for those who can remain patient and grounded with the potential for FedEx delays, SNAFUs, and the like.If it was not for FedEx we’d be commenting on the woes of UPS, DSHL, USPS and the Pony Express.

1 Like

I agree 100%. I live NW of b-more. I ordered a phono preamp from The Music Room only to have it stolen by FedEx in White Marsh. I tracked it to white Marsh where it sat for 4 days. When I called to complain to FedEx about the lousy service, I was told by the young girl in whatever country she was in that she would guarantee delivery next day. Two days later still no sign of it. Third day i got an email saying it was delivered. Upon further investigation, they confirmed it was delivered…to the lunchroom! I live in the sticks, there isn’t a lunchroom within ten miles of me. After another week of the run around they finally came out and admitted they lost it. Two weeks later I finally got a refund.

My employer has gone so far as to tell any of our supplying vendors that if they send anything via FedEx that they will cancel the order. We are missing upwards of 30 large commercial truck tires that they allegedly delivered.

FedEx is the worst.

1 Like

The saga continues.

I just had a visit from a polite Fedex driver who seemed to be embarrassed on behalf of his company for delivering only one of two boxes shipped with my order. I thanked him, telling him I knew he was not responsible.

The tracking numbers, if you can believe what it says, indicate that both boxes arrived in HAGERSTOWN, MD at 1:38 AM this morning. But only one of them left there at 3:15 AM with the other being left behind. This is updated information not available when I made my earlier post on this topic. Who’s to say when the other gets here?

I know that all carriers have their issues, but my experience is that UPS is far superior. In a previous life, not that long ago, I ordered a lot of material from various sources. Fedex deliveries were atrocious. Like HanksJB above, I would instruct my vendors to use UPS exclusively on our orders.

That is just plain WRONG

2 Likes

I have had a similar experience with Amazon delivery. We have a shared U-shaped driveway with a stand of pines at the end the base of the U. The driver left a packge on the driveway behind the pines. Some one pulled in the driveway came around the bend and…
smashed!

We have since stopped all Amazon deliveries to that address.

1 Like

Do not be surprised if the second package goes through Detroit, Richmond, or anyplace that FedEx goes. I had packages go from New Jersey to Richmond to Detroit and finally to Bel Air, MD. Overnight delivery that takes a week and a half. Jeez!