Fave listening chair?

Ha ha…I’ve got the footstool version of that same chair , same color even.

2 Likes

I had a leather chair with a “headrest” that came up in back of my head (surprise) and I found that it affected voices adversely, apparently because it caused an interfering reflection at certain frequencies.
I cut the headrest supports off and used hole plugs to fill the holes, and the sound was much improved.
For a recliner I’ve had good luck with a mesh poolside sort of lounge chair - again, no reflections from behind my ears.

So do I, this is the fancy modern model. Mine is 20+ years old.

The Stressless chairs weren’t working for me. I must have a funny butt. This Costco find is leather on seating areas and $300. Power recliner with USB.
It’s really comfortable. No motivation to upgrade here.

1 Like

That would be a perfect seat for me. Test drove a couple a while back, and fell in love with the seats. I told a couple of people, “I would pay $3k to have that seat in my car”. How did you mount it?

@watchdog507 - Yeah, tried the stressless chairs at Copenhagen and found I really liked the good old fashion recliner…

1 Like

Added an raw picture
Armrest is an on going project

For those interested in the Ekornes Stressless chairs take a look around your local flea markets. I’ve seen several at our local one. The prices I’ve seen have been under $200.00. I picked up one for myself. For $50.00 I couldn’t resist.

Yeah, if there’s anything that doesn’t hold its value it’s furniture. I inherited mine from my Mom. She had bought her and my Dad both one at full price…I think they were well over $3K each. The people that bought our house were interested in both of them and I let them have the one that belonged to my Dad for $350 I believe. It was the larger one but I prefered the color and size of my Mom’s. I would imagine once you take them out of the store you’d be lucky to get 1/3 of what they cost new.

1 Like

Thinking of ordering one of these!

2 Likes

Make sure that you sit in one before you buy. My butt and my back didn’t do well in the Stressless chairs. Those who find them comfortable, love them.

@watchdog507 - completely agree, went to Copenhagen to pick up the stress-less chair and once I sat in it; just didn’t fit me. The design is great, quality was great, just have to make sure it fits…

yeah - kinda like shoes.

1 Like

There are several different models and sizes of Stressless chairs. The large Mayfair with Signature base was best for both me and my wife. The Signature base allows for some rocking. I prefer a separate ottoman but I have long legs…

Wife said to me: we gotta get something better than this before we invite her best friend over;

7 Likes

@RedRiver - no way, that chair is the bomb. Light, flexible, holds a beer… BOOM!

2 Likes

I agree, I sank myself into it while in the music, never minded for additional comforts; She did the same;

@RedRiver - so here is my solution to listening in my music room… do you notice a 2nd chair or even a couch… or any possibility of joining me for a listen… friends come over, use the great room for listening to your tunes… the great thing about my wife is that she could care less about my music room… and that works well…

3 Likes

Nice! we have another folding chair on the right of picture for guest (for now:-)

1 Like

@RedRiver - yes, it was not lost on me, the reason for the response and picture… I love my wife and love doing many things together. Listening to music in my music room is not on the list. MY wife’s musical tastes are 10% of the subset of what I like to listen… :slight_smile: In addition, the 13in ACS tube traps were not lost on me either…

2 Likes