Firefox Hates the PS Audio Forum

For some time I’ve been struggling to use Firefox with the PSA forums. It’s REALLY slow to load, it hangs, whites out, sometimes I get a message that it’s waiting for a script and do I want to wait or cancel it. I think it’s a chrome resizing script but can’t replicate it at the moment. As I love to hang out here it’s a b***h.

This does not happen with microsoft iexplorer which I don’t want to use. I tried all the firefox solutions including a reinstall. Does anyone else have this problem or better yet a solution?

Note, this post was written in iexplorer!

I use Firefox with no problems. No special setup.

I also use FireFox successfully on Win7. Bill, what OS are you using?

I use Win7.

I am currently using Firefox on an XP Pro and a Win 8 system. I have previously also used ME and Vista.

Thanks for replying folks. I had no trouble with it until recently. I think it must be something to with my OS updates. I’ll make sure they stay up to date and maybe it’ll go away.

By chance, have you installed an add-on to Firefox recently?

Switch to Chrome, a much better browser IMHO.

That’s like stating Jazz is the best music. :)

But it is, isn’t it? :-)

J.P.

24_gif

ELK

can you use your hoof powers to add a “top of page” button on the last posts?

getting back to home is a killer when using a phone to read threads.

gordon said ELK

can you use your hoof powers to add a “top of page” button on the last posts?

getting back to home is a killer when using a phone to read threads.

YES !

gordon said can you use your hoof powers to add a "top of page" button on the last posts?
All of the posts have a "go to top" arrow on the top right, (next to the thumbs up/down).

Do you not see these on the phone, or are you thinking of something else?

Nope

iphone/safari

+1, and thumbs up and down.

no arrow

Here’s what it looks like on Chrome. Maybe switch your browser on iPhone to Chrome? I can check later. It may be that the mobile version does not have this feature. I can check.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-25-at-7.14.39-AM.png

A disappointing oddity.

It may be yet another Apple quirk, but my guess is the mobile version of the software does not incorporate this feature.

This is almost certainly an omission for streamlining the mobile version. One of the many reasons that I usually prefer the desktop version of websites on my tablets. Only on the phone do I find an advantage in the mobile version for SOME websites.

J.P.