Firmware Break In?

When the firmware is updated on devices such as the DS, PB Designs, or DCS converters, is it possible for there to be a break in period while the hardware “adapts” to the new firmware?

A firmware does not have a break in time as far as I know and I never detected a change. Do you suspect it does? I’ve read a few times that a firmware on the PWD could sound different after a reinstallation.

mosttoysrsk said When the firmware is updated on devices such as the DS, PB Designs, or DCS converters, is it possible for there to be a break in period while the hardware "adapts" to the new firmware?
Possible? Yes. Likely, maybe not so much. Obviously if the new software uses a never used piece of the hardware there could be a change, but even then those parts probably were powered up and getting warm if only from their neighbors. If the new software uses a piece of hardware significantly differently than the older software used it perhaps there'd be a little settling in time. But most devices don't have hardware just lying there unused.

I like that you have an open mind to possibilities, Ted. :slight_smile:

I have a PB Designs unit that seems to have significantly improved just recently after downloading the latest firmware about 3 months ago. So either I have adapted, the unit has adapted, I am crazy, or some combination thereof! Appreciate everyone’s feedback, thank you. :slight_smile: