As promised, here’s the link to download 6115, the latest firmware we’ve all been gushing about.
Instructions are included. Basically, download the ZIP file.
UNZIP the file. Copy the UNZIPPED files on to a blank SD card. Place the card upside down (gold pins facing up) into the SD card slot on the rear of DirectStream (or a PWD with a DirectStream kit installed).
Power cycle DirectStream. Turn the unit off via the rear power switch, then turn back on.
The front panel logo light should be blinking if everything is loading properly.
Remove the SD card when the unit’s fully booted up.
- Raised the input filter's bandwidth from 40kHz to 80kHz
- Added support for DXD 352kHz
- Fixed a problem with long coax using S/PDIF
- Lowered jitter
- Fixed the balance control issue some users found
- Improved the responsiveness of the volume control