First music of the day

The sound of a kettle boiling…

3 Likes

One of my favorites. It probably gets played weekly.

… that and the hiss of the Silvia.

1 Like

2 Likes

Vinyl just showed up after a good cleaning I’ll give it a spin, or two. Been looking forward to Mary’s most recent release. You may also enjoy this:

2 Likes

I am going to check it out. I really dig her approach.

1 Like

Late Baroque music this morning.

6 Likes

2 Likes

I start my day with whatever WFMT is spinning. Workdays, weekends, holidays. My musical lifeline.

2 Likes

WNUR here, for the jazz.

1 Like

I’ve gone back to high school, so to speak. Used to listen to Klemperer Beethoven 1 LP first thing in the morning back then over my first good system with Smaller Advents.
These days it’s Simon Rattle Berlin Philharmonic via Tidal/Roon.

4 Likes

WNUR-FM, 89.3 Evanston.

WNUR 89.3

2 Likes

KMHD - 89.1

My shower companion.

2 Likes

Will check it out.

It’s part of our local public radio. KMHD is run out of a community college.

Understood, and now it is a radio pre-set on my Zenith Mk III.
BTW, WNUR is Northwestern University’s Community Radio Station, with morning Avant-garde jazz broadcasts.

1 Like

I find local community funded stations very enjoyable. There’s something special about listening through the lens of people who are very passionate about the genres they represent and aren’t beholden to labels and advertisers.

And more importantly they reflect the local community. I also listen to Madison’s WORT-FM 89.5, but not in the morning as it has the news, which I prefer not to start my day with. Thus WNUR jazz it is.

Shameless plug follows…
Furthermore, I should add I do support local community radio, and will be for their upcoming fundraiser, June 1 -7. I will be assisting a Jazz DJ on the air Tuesday from 2-5 PM CDST for their program Fire Worship. Tune-in, tune-up and give us a call for a chat on the air, 608-256-2001 ext 7.

1 Like

Since we’re plugging local favorites. Glen Ellyn IL at The College of DuPage. My company designed a backup generator for their transmitter. Felt like more than the usual business.

4 Likes

Yes indeed, WDCB is yet another Chicago FM-Radio treasure. The jazz programming is outstanding, may not be WBGO outstanding, but outstanding.

2 Likes