First music of the day

I know I haven’t heard all the Jazz stations available to us, but it’s my current opinion that WBGO sets the bar very high.

It’s the DJ’s at WBGO, IMO. Incredible, truly incredible. With WNUR the jazz DJs do know the musicians personally, as is the case with WORT, which can make for interesting conversation.

1 Like

Yeah, the depth of knowledge at WBGO is encyclopediac with a personality.

1 Like

2 Likes

Heard this getting dinner the other day, and it’s been stuck in my head since-- mostly due to the influence/sampling of Burial’s “Archangel”.

1 Like

Seems this thread has languished for a while. Maybe a kick start will get it up and running again. For this morning January 19, 2023 it’s a new release: Ryuichi Sakamoto’s 12.

4 Likes

I started with a roon daily mix. Here it is with some of the tracks. I liked it enough to add it as a playlist.

6 Likes

Seems to be an appropriate start for my day, January 20, 2023.

4 Likes

Such a good choice. It’s a fantastic album.

I usually switch to Radio Swiss Classical first thing in the morning. They usually play some very pleasant pieces that go well with early morning coffee.

Although during college, every morning as soon as I woke up (if I wasn’t already up from an all-nighter, or if I couldn’t wake up, for other reasons… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:), I smashed the button on my clock radio to play a cassette tape set up to play The Magnificent Seven from “Sandinista!”. The volume was set to “almost wake up the guys in the rooms on either side”. :rofl: It always had a way to snap me right to attention! :grin:

2 Likes

One last remembrance, RIP David.

8 Likes

Before I entered the Air Force in Sep of 76, I delivered pizzas after finishing high school. One of the best summers of my life. This was played 1000 times at Jake’s Pizza On Roosevelt and in my car. 1000 might be a low estimate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

Thought I would jump on the bandwagon first thing this morning…:

Running in the background on my lowly iMac speakers as I type this…

I am not very familiar with much of Mr. Crosby’s work (beyond the more popular, more often played stuff). Unfortunate timing, but going to try and do some catching up…

RIP.

6 Likes

Fine memories of Jake’s on Northwest Hwy.

1 Like

2 Likes

And Saving Silverman is one of my favorites. Haha

2 Likes

A fine way o start off this snowy Sunday morning Keith Jarrett Tribute featuring Jack DeJohnette and Gary Peacock.

1 Like

I had a weird dream last night in which I was telling my (late) first wife that I love stereo equipment but it’s because I love music.

That’s really true.

Right now, first of the day
Thelonious Monk “Misterioso” Riverside/OJC cd

Edit to add: my system is sounding so good today. . . I question why I ordered a Mk2. But I did. And I know it will be even better.

4 Likes

Ah yes, Ellington in the morning. Kicking off with Black and Tan Fantasy on disc 1 of 3. I find the *Highlights to be a nice compromise edition of the Centennial Edition.

A local piano trio, worth a listen. Charles Rumback Trio featuring James Baker and John Tate on June Holiday.