First music of the day

I’d say that Analogue Productions did a pretty good job on this album. 45rpm, Ryan K Smith.

1 Like

Yes, and I have an SACD that sounds superb. But this is the rehearsal in studio. The live performance deserves a great reissue. . .but it never has as I think the only existing recording is sub par. This was before videotape and I think only an off the air private recording exists–that has been out on bootleg LP.

Diverse listen, from country to blues to rock

1 Like

I second that as when I spun it I wasn’t left wanting. Sounds spectacular on my systems, four of which are fully capable of spinning a 45er.

I think the actual broadcast though had slightly better performances. Wish we could have that in this quality.

Sonny Stitt The Last Sessions Volumes One and Two, kicking the morning off with the spry Steamroller. This CD features Jimmy Cobb, Walter Davis, George Duvivier, Bill Hardman and Junior Mance.

1 Like

Featuring Ricardo Silveiro, Herbie Hancock, Branford Marsalis, and Billy Childs.

A beautiful, silky album, as is typical of Caymmi’s artistry as a musician AND producer.

Dori Caymmi “Kicking Cans”

A fine recording of these mellow offerings, somewhat reminiscent of offerings on the MA label, and the work of Charlie Haden/Steve Swallow. Demonstration quality.

1 Like

with all the rancor, mellow is right

Depends on one’s mood. Across the recording the tone is rather mellow, at times a bit sleepy.

Ricky Nelson’s Garden Party, and then some.

2 Likes

Ana Kravanja – violin, viola, voice, frame drums, objects
Elisabeth Harnik – piano, objects, ringing stones

2 Likes

Elisabeth Harnick is a current personal favorite. I keep nudging Dave Rempis to have Elisabeth tour the US with him, in a line-up similar to Ear Scratcher.

1 Like

First time I’ve fired up my digital side (shiny disks) in months. It’s so weird not having to get up.

2 Likes

I listened to “Oro Negro” again–it was really sounding great. Adventure Music is a label to trust for great sounding releases.

Now on to
“The Complete CBS Studio Recordings of Woody Shaw” disc 1

IMG_0036

1 Like

Micheal Formanek Elusion Quartet has a new release, while this is not it it is the most current CD I have from this fine line-p. Looking forward to obtaining a copy of their latest as well.

3 Likes

Add to my Qobuz queue.

1 Like

MIles Davis “Jazz at the Plaza” Sony lp facsimile 20bit SBM cd.

I have several versions of this, and decided to play this one today. . . though this is not the best recording, with wonky stereo artifacts, the music is outstanding. Cannonball plays two awesome solos here.

2 Likes