First music of the day

Gaia Wilmer “Folia – The Music Of Egberto Gismont” disc 2

Arrangements reminiscent in ways of the recent work of Hermeto Pascoal. Brisk and bright, a good morning experience.

Can’t go wrong starting a day with Egberto Gismonti Circense.

1 Like

51AxuWdJEbL

2 Likes

2 Likes

Dug out my 1993 Evidence CD Sun Ra and His Intergalactic Arkestra Soundtrack to the Film Space is the Place in celebration of his arrival on earth on this day 109 years ago. The CD sound on the Evidence CD is fine, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Modern Harmonic/Sudazed reissue improves on it.

It is a Joe McPhee morning. Six Situations Joe McPhee Damon Smith and Alvin Fiedler. Picked up this from Damone while he was touring in 2022. Bumped into Damon at Acme Records in Milwaukee’s Bayview, and had a nice long chat about life, touring, and Creative Music in general. A most kind soul.

2 Likes

6C8FC304-6042-420F-8269-B70BC04F63F9
Sometimes—when no one else is in the house, this, at entertaining volume, along with caffeine is a great wake-me-up.

3 Likes

I must be missing something regarding this one. Maybe I should revisit it. When I played it I had a strong desire to take a nap!

It’s sounds very different before one’s synapses are fully warmed up.

1 Like

3 Likes

Maybe a bit of an odd first listen for the morning but Jacob’s Fishes has really struck a cord with me, and nice sound to boot.

3 Likes

Fantastic instrument separation

1 Like

…and more importantly the musicianship, which is why I am enthralled with it.

1 Like

Sure leans forwards

A beautiful Shirly Horn album. (There are so many!)

Shirley Horn “You Won’t Forget Me”

This one has guest stars, including Miles, Branford, Wynton and Toots.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Lightning Dreamers

1 Like

Kaze & Ikue Mori Crustal Movement

2 Likes

Mario Adnet “+ Jobim Jazz” Adventure Music cd

The followup to “Jobim Jazz” and just as great, perhaps a bit more so as the songs are a bit less “famous.” Great sound as usual for Adventure Music.

3 Likes

A nice companion to this Trio’s Changeless, Keith Jarrett Trio Changes.

1 Like