Fun in 5.1 & Now 7.4.4

Wish I could pet Happy. That would make me…well, you know. Lost my 13-year buddy just before Xmas.:sob:

I’m one of those guys who has to pet your dog when I run into you on the street. Just to get my fix.

1 Like

We had her with us in Boulder and in Santa Fe on the way back home. My Wife didn’t want to go into PS Audio and Babysat Happy instead. Next time we’re up there…you got a deal. I let everyone pet her when we’re out an about.

When you go to Dan D’Agostino’s place in Cave Creek, AZ. He has two big Sweetheart German Shepards that have their run of the place. Not sure if Visitors pets are allowed but I’ll ask next time I’m up there.

For badbeef :

2 Likes

YESSSSSSSS this is the best

1 Like

dire straits in 5.1 is amazing
a bad think “The Savior” is a long double album that recently came out in 5.1, that’s my latest fave
alan parsons of course, “the secret”

i really want more ‘new’ 5.1 music to be out there
with atmos growing, i’m sure there will be soon xx

1 Like

If you ever get the chance to visit PS Audio’s facility in Boulder. Go upstairs to Gus Skinas’ Octave Studios(when he’s there). What he’s doing with Sony’s Proprietary Object Based Surround will blow your mind. And his 5.0 channel Sony Mastering Speaker System. Just incredible and such a nice man.

2 Likes

sweet, thanks! I’ll keep this in mind for my next boulder trip

1 Like

Coming Soon. I can’t wait.

2 Likes

Got the 3 Channel Bose Series 2 EQ Box almost finished. This sounds amazing !

1 Like

Tales (2014 Steven Wilson 5.1 96/24 remix) in its entirety once I’m done with Fragile (2001 DVD-A).

Wife’s asleep with here hearing aids off. Trying to keep Neighborly volumes tonight ain’t easy since. My rig’s been down for over a week !

4 Likes

I am sad that I have never been able to “get” Tales. I love love love Yes, but never Tales. Perhaps another try. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Look what came in the mail today from Amazon ! Currently ripping the 16 CD’s into little library folders so that I can stream them with my Sony UBP-X1000ES & SGCD’s S/PDIF. I don’t understand why they did release these discs as 2.0 Channel BluRays. The two BluRay Discs could have been extended to at least 8 discs @ 96/24. The CD’s do sound good but that’s a lot of discs to flip though unless you’ve got a clunky CD Changer…LOL.

1 Like

Like fine Wine…it gets better with age…:nerd_face: Honestly, I been listening to it for over 30 years since I first heard it and always liked it.

2 Likes

Mine came in the mail from eBay while were in Fort Leonard. Amazing music. Lets hope that Gus’ DSD mix gets officially released one day. It would be the icing on very tasty Cake.

My favorite Tangerine Dream Album. Now in Hi Res 5.1/DTS-HD MA 5.1 ! This is the only reason I bought the Box !

1 Like

Giles Martin knocks another Beatles classic out of the park ! Excellent use of the surround channels. Lead Vocals are mono (center only - no L & R bleed). Guitars are everywhere, Moog is present and spread through the FL & FR.

3 Likes

My copy arrived today, but I cheated and listened to a 24.96 Qobuz stream.
I bought the massive CD/Blu-Ray pack, the Massive Multi-LP pack, and the single LP version. I sorta like this album. I am going to open the CD Blu-Ray version tomorrow.

1 Like

I like to physically own the music in my collection. I don’t have a vinyl rig at this time. Since you are apparently a fan, would you mind offering an opinion on the best “disc-based” option available to purchase for this re-mix. I will rip the disc to my hard drive and listen via JRMC and my DS Sr. in the Big Rig. If I want to spin a disc from time to time my current spinners are Denon DVD-2900 “universal disc” players (at home and in my office system).

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Until I can afford a DSD Sr. (Next year - used market), I use a Sony UBP-X1000ES and a Sony STR-DN1080 that I’ve hacked 6 true balanced XLR outputs off of the HDMI PCB inside the AVR. The L & R outs go to my SGCD & two M700’s, the Center Channel XLR goes to a McIntosh MC50, and for now I’m stuck with the Sony AVR’s internal amp to power my Surround channels. It’s a work in progress (:money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:).

To answer your question, I use “Make MKV” which is free with a 30 day trial. When it expires, I just remove it form my PC and reinstall again for another 30 day trail. It copies BluRay’s and strips away the nasty copy protection which defaults to 48kHz when I play a BD. When I copy my own legally bought discs, I copy them onto my PC’s hard drive which then strips the copy protection and gets me true 96/24 5.1 audio.

Hi, @rajugsw. Was this post directed to me? If so, my question is: What is the best “disc-based” version of this re-mix available for purchase? My primary interest is sound quality.

Thanks all.