Show Us Your Disc Player

I am using a Naim CD5X in conjunction with a Naim Flatcap 2X Power Supply.

10 Likes

That’s a cool tray design.

Here’s mine:

10 Likes

Beauteous

17 Likes

5 Likes

I’m using a Mark Levinson 390S I picked up from someone moving to Italy three years ago. Wrong voltage for Italy so he sold it. I’m quite happy with it.

10 Likes

12 Likes

Wow many damping layers :). I’ve been trying the Isoacoustic Orea Bordeaux pucks on the D10X and have mixed feelings. I decided last night the pucks contribution is not to my liking and removed them. The seems to open up the soundstage a bit but at the expense of bass. With the pucks at first the bass would sound tighter but after some listening time I realized it’s just thinner instead. So in my system Isoacoustic didn’t work. Easy enough to remove them. Also tried 4x Indigo vs 3x Bordeaux, the indigo setup also no-go, kills layering… guess I’m lucky lol.

Plus one more… :+1:

12 Likes

I found the Orea work really well with my Decware ZTPRE preamplifier (and look fantastic in combination with its red faceplate and big silver knobs) but that VooDoo Cable IsoPods work best under my other components.

This could be the reason… “density gradient cast iron insulator feet provide firm support, while diffusing shelf-borne resonance.”

1 Like

I find the combination of Mass Loading and Isolation works best for me.
I have my unit on a Butcher Block Platform with Iso Acoustic Gaia III Feet.

8 Likes

In my system, Orea Indigo does not work under PST and the streamer, but three of each under MK2 and BHK pre work great.

1 Like

Orea Bordeaux x3 worked wonders under my power amp. Planning to try Iso puck mini x4 under my coming MKll.

1 Like

Mark
What is the silver metal piece with the Luxman logo on the CD tray?

1 Like

It is a designed hole in the cd tray. You’re actually seeing the logo on the front piece.

1 Like

Yes…what Paul said!

2 Likes

I know this is a general disc player thread, but this question might help me decide what player to eventually show you all. :grin:

so @falling_leaves and @mark-d

When you selected the D-10X, what did you have before?

I’ve got a Luxman L-509X integrated, and when I ever get around to buying a disc player, it will also be a Luxman. I’ve been looking at something like a used D-05U. (Just waited a hair too long on the USAM to get the minty one that was for sale there recently. Rats.)

As much as I’d love it, I don’t really think I would go for the D-10X, as I don’t really think I have the ears/system/room to make it worthwhile.

Just curious how you chose it, and what other Luxmans you compared it to, if any. And how superior is that D-10X than everything else?

TIA :+1:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t help you here, I didn’t compare it to anything. I got pulled into Luxman gear after acquiring the M10X, finding it refined in construction and sonic attributes. From there I was on a path to a full Lxuman stack. Moving to the C900u pre first but missed the tube sound so I sold that I got lucky with a demo unit of the CL1000 on USAM. To complete the chain the D10X was a natural next step, I actually don’t spin discs at all before acquiring the D10X, I just rip them and play them back through my PC via USB. Now I’m starting to dig out my collection again, I have so many CDs stacked away in boxes not ripped, I can say that the CD play back of the D10X beat the DAC by a hair, even with the Innous Pheonix USB as the DDC. I do enjoy the experience of looking through the collection, pull a disc out and play it, but still getting into the habit of doing that vs just kick of the playlist on my PC. @mark-d probably have a better story to tell with his selection and comparisons to other CD transport/player

1 Like

yeah, I love Luxman gear more than I should…

I am buying more CDs than records at this point, and I rip everything into my server. Just need to justify a disc-spinning device, but my streaming gear sounds great. Ahdunno.

(speaking of building a Luxman stack, I learned recently there is a Luxman NT-07 streamer on the horizon. Based on Lumin internals.)

2 Likes