Fun in 5.1 & Now 7.4.4

It was. I’ve given up on Vinyl but Michael Fremer’s Analog Planet YouTube video is worth checking if that’s your preference. For me both the 5.1 DTS-HD MA & 2.0 PCM are excellent and sound much better than the ‘87 or ‘09 CD reisssues.

Thanks. Would you mind sharing a link to an example of the discs (not vinyl) you recommend?

Scott

1 Like

This one, for example: http://www.elusivedisc.com/The-Beatles-Abbey-Road-50th-Anniversary-Super-Deluxe-Edition-3CD-Blu-Ray-Disc-Box-Set/productinfo/CAPCD92112/ ?

That’s the one I ordered from Amazon that arrived late Friday afternoon.

10-4.

Thanks.

1 Like

You either like Pat Metheny’s work or you don’t. This is a pretty cool DVD.

1 Like

I like Pat Metheny. Is he playing in your listening room :grin:

1 Like

This one is really well done.

3 Likes

I’d add the Pat Metheny Unity Sessions Blu Ray to the list of recommended surround titles.

1 Like

I’ll seek it out. Thank you brumtech.

25+ years ago, I saw this tour live. The BEST Stadium Concert Sound I’ve ever heard (better than '87 - a long story involving Weed & our seats being next to the Surround Stacks). Both shows CNE Exhibition Stadium, Toronto. The 4 LP Box set is still preferred (ya…Digital Boy just mentioned Vinyl over Digital)

%20DVD

1 Like

For when I get that Homesick feeling…and then it passes.

1 Like

GodSpeed Mr. Baker :

3 Likes

Some Genesis. Phil & Steve’s debut. Great album and nice DTS 96/24 remix by Tony Banks (another of my Keyboard Hero’s).

1 Like

Love those Bose speakers. I lusted after a set when I was a kid and couldn’t afford them. Now I can afford them but don’t have room. Nice setup!

2 Likes

Rebuilding and modifying the EQ box is the secret to turning these “Turds” into absolute Treasures. When they’re not setup properly, you absolutely experience what Paul mentioned in YouTube post last year. When setup correctly, they are amazing. Of course having 350W@8ohms of M700 power helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Baldy !

1 Like

Another one to test out my newly aquired M700 Center Channel Series 2 901. I’ve replaced the all analog (and not very reliable it seems) Analog EQ’s with 3 MiniDSP Balanced 2x4 Boards mounted inside a Series 1 EQ Box (pics coming soon on the DIY Forum). It’s better when just the 3 front channels are on. Increasing the surround 901’s just muddies up the mix since they are only used as “Ambiance” channels.

2 Likes

The Mac in 5.1

4 Likes

Just came back from seeing Love with my Family in Vegas. Absolutely incredible pairing of The Beatles music & Cirque Du Soleil. DVD-Audio Mashup and Remix is always a fun listen.

4 Likes

A great show!

2 Likes