Gryphon Diablo 300 vs PS Audio BHK 300 Monos

There are those who can and those who should, but at this level, rarely both.
You can and you should because you actively listen and you know what you’re hearing.
More power–and hernias—and back surgery to you.

2 Likes

I can assure you I won’t have anything to do with moving the amp. I plan to have a margarita while I watch whomever it is that agrees to take on the task. I’m guessing it will involve machinery. Maybe a hole in a wall for a forklift.

3 Likes

Once again taking bets…

10 Likes

You need to set aside some cash for an elevator.

4 Likes

Top of line Boulder or Dartzeel would be upgrades perhaps. Or top VAC. Personal preference. Different sound signatures

I’ve heard Mephisto stereo and solos, which are above Antileon evo in the lineup, and preferred Boulder. But I think Pandora was a weaker link than the amps. I’ve not heard Dart but many who own have settled on them above the others after trying all. Nice options to have

2 Likes

The Diablo 300 is the gateway drug to the rest of the Gryphon line up. I’m enjoying the oranges for now!

4 Likes

Thanks!!! You have an endgame system. Wow!!

3 Likes

what
ever

4 Likes

“VAC vs Gryphon - The smack down! Lets’s get ready to rumble (your subwoofers)!”

Still taking bets…

Al just wondering did you go down the path of the Gryphon stands for these ?

1 Like

That very shootout (full vac v full gryphon) just happened at Jays Audio Lab. Vac 450’s v Mephisto solos on Focal speakers via msb. 3 videos. I was in the minority in preferring the VAC setup

Edit: used a Soulution preamp, not Pandora, so not full gryphon. He’s had Pandora couple times tho

To be clear, you were present for the test? Physically in the room?

Not that day. I’m saying you can listen to the shootout s if you want. Or not. Yes we all know YT has limitations.

But hey, if you can find someone else who’s had both in their home at same time and switched between them lmk.

Fwiw he said Vac pre with G amps was better than either full tubes or full ss

For the new amp yes. My current stand cannot handle 450 pounds. I will stay with my existing stands for the rest of my gear.

He amuses me the way he cycles through gear. I can see people laughing at me making that statement but that guy is as extreme as extreme gets.

My audio guru personally prefers the sound of the Antileon Evo over the Mephisto. I haven’t heard a Mephisto myself. Apparently the new Apex will combine the strengths of both while stepping up even higher.

The gear you mention is certainly fine gear and its silly to dismiss. But I dismiss it just the same. I like my choice and will suffer with it.

6 Likes

Don’t you think little risky to jump from Antileon to Apex when Antileon sound is kinda a warmer outlier to the gryphon house sound, assuming you also prefer Antileon to Mephisto/Essence/Constellation etc? Might be much less warm than you’re used to with Antileon??? Ah, if not quite right just a good excuse to upgrade speakers haha. Enjoy

1 Like

I’ve watched Jay a couple times. What a likeable knucklehead. The last thing I watched was Jay going on about the profound impact his new outlets had on his sound. His outlets. The things in the wall with the holes.

5 Likes

good call …

1 Like

Well, then I’d better not mention what I am installing this weekend. :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes