Here's the correct way of measuring a Power Plant

As much as I love and will not do without my P20, I do agree with you and him on some points. For example, ‘here’s how we came up with our published impedance spec’… Sure couldn’t hurt to answer that one.
The stupid ones like ‘the older P300 is heavier than the P12’ should just be ignored.
But in the presentation of our questions, if our language is smarmy, as is the quote in question here, then most people just sign off.

1 Like

My 1982 compaq portable computer is heavier than my new HP. What gives? I feel ripped off.

2 Likes

Whenever someone goes into “attack mode”, it basically turns people off, resulting in some that do respond, and others that realize it is pointless to feed the negativity.

2 Likes

I would put the P15 power cord on the MC462 and listen. Then put MC 462 power cord on P15 and the P15 PC on amp and listen amp into P15. I bet all four powercord configurations sound different.

The whole system will tilt on the regenerator power cord. Plus the amp will sound different on different power cords. Comparison on what P15 does is pointless unless all power cords are identical. Even then the tone and fullness of sound does follow cords but not always on different equipment.

2 Likes

So, sitting bedside in hospital with a friend today, while she slept I spent some time noodling around the ASR website; morbid curiosity.
He’s actually a hoot! Very entertaining, amazingly self satisfied guy.
I checked his “test” covering “tube rolling”
His final thought is below. My, aren’t so many of us real zombies!

“Personally even if I signed up for a tube product, I would not waste time “rolling tubes.” You are likely to suffer more from “rolling placebo” by your brain than any variation in such tubes.”

1 Like

I have found that to be true with much of the ASR crowd and other, similar herds.

3 Likes

I would rather suffer from “rolling placebo” then miss what I am hearing right now. Otis Taylor has never sounded better.

Viva la Placebo!

8 Likes

If any of you dissatisfied owners of a silver P20 are going to sell your device, please let me know.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I’ll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

First it’s Paul and now Elk. If you are not happy here why stay?

1 Like

“Putin-esque zeal and cult like devotion.”

Hmmm…that sounds like a familiar trait.

"This is not the first time my posts have been hidden here. Never been a better time to stand up to Putin "

Perhaps if you don’t want your posts flagged/hidden, you could find a better way to say them?

6 Likes

A new meme:

1 Like

Fore some people, the world is more black and white, than technicolor; more coarse than nuanced.

I am happy for those that can roll along in life satisfied viewing and experiencing everything from their perspective of absolute certainty and their dogmatic adherence to certain chosen principals.

With each passing year, I find I am taking a more uncertain and flexible approach to experiencing the world around me. Don’t get me wrong, I consider myself to be a rather principled person (and stubbornly uncompromising in many respects). I just think I am increasingly certain there is a lot more that I don’t understand than I use to understand that I didn’t understand. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

ELK does not hide or flag your posts. Your peers do.

FYI.

3 Likes

“To realize that you do not understand is a virtue; not to realize that you do not understand is a defect”

• Lao Tzu
3 Likes

When a post is flagged, the member who posted receives a message encouraging them to edit their post:

"Your post was flagged as inappropriate: the community feels it is offensive, abusive, or a violation of our community guidelines.

This post was hidden due to flags from the community, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden."

That is, posters are provided with an opportunity to align their posts with civil behavior.

Again, as I have posted a number of times, no name calling, labeling of others, trolling, etc. Being opinionated and disagreeing is fine. The cheap shots are not.

1 Like

Paul, no doubt this is not going to be a popular post, but for the benefit of PS Audio and it’s community….

Your video of measuring the P12 comes across as a complete Mickey Mouse operations. Seriously. You had a RIGOL MSO2102A Digital Oscilloscope sitting right there on Bob’s shelf for goodness sake, why not use that??

I’d really like to know why so much AC line noise passes right through the P12 - this isn’t about Amir’s measurements, I’ve experienced it first hand myself when a noisy cell phone charger plugged in elsewhere had an audible impact to my audio equipment which was powered by a P10.

Is the P12 really a full AC-to-DC-to-AC regenerator, or just partial?

5 Likes

andrewc…from the PS Audio P12 product page:

“The P12 takes your incoming AC power, converts it to DC, and then regenerates it, producing new sine-wave-perfect, regulated high current AC power.”

It might be good to go read the product description as all the
information you requested is there…

Best wishes

Do you own a P12?
Are you interested in purchasing a P12?

Can anyone download the latest firmware for the P15/20?
https://www.psaudio.com/download/111094/

the above link doesn’t seem to work or point to any file.

I’m on 1.23 and thought I update the firmware first before chasing my sound problem between HC, non HC and wall outlets.

Thanks

1 Like