High Efficiency full range Speaker

Hi,
Yes I know, I should not bring these up, like swearing in the Church. But I bought a pair of Cerwin Vega HED CH 504 R. I got them cheap and I was curios. My Other speakers are AAD 2002(By Phile Jones) and Mordaunt Short System 442. The AAD bookshelf but tuned down to 28 Hz and with a hornloaded tweeter, hava a lot of base but to small for my big living room ( 4,5 meter ceiling height) and very good midrange. The Mordaut Short is floorstanding but not much bigger then the AAD, and they have one of the best Midrange I ever heard, for conventional speakers. But both of them lack that punch that the Cerwin Vega has with it’s 102db/w , 15" woofer has. But then it has all these faults, mid-range is mediocre , and treble little harsh… Fun to play but not to sit and listen to. SO…What speaker can do all, the funs fast bass from the CV and gorgeous midrange and treble och a stunning soundstage? Klipsch? Tannoy?? Any suggestions? Budget 10k$

1 Like

Amplification?

Best,
-JP

I have a Vincent SP 331 Tube hybrid 2x150 w 8 Ohm 600w in 2 Ohm and will do over 1 Kw in 1 Ohm.

That opens a ton of speaker choices to you…

Maybe take a look at some pre-loved (to maintain the budget) Verity Audios if you want to keep the efficiency rating on the higher side

Lot of experience on this forum, I’m sure people will throw some different ideas your way

Best,
-JP

1 Like

Welcome to the fun!!

Nothing to be shamed about…

Yes indeed those CW can rock n roll shake your house down
loads of fun…

Isn’t that the what this is all about…?

Of course it is…

Have fun and enjoy your Cerwin Vegas

1 Like

Tekton Design. Sold direct to market and reasonably priced. Specializes in high efficiency. A ton of models from monitors to full blown flagship towers. Plenty of options for a budget of up to 10k (check out the mighty Ulfberht). Half the fun is just poking around on their website checking out all the models they offer.

1 Like

I’ll double the vote for Tekton if you have room. They are very efficient and very well priced for what you get.

2 Likes

Take a look at the Spatial Audio X5’s and X3’s. They tick all the boxes you speak of and are in your price range…As well as mine.

I will be buying a pair of X5’s in January…

1 Like