Hornlautsptecher

Hat jemand Erfahrungen mit Avantgarde Acoustic Lautsprechern und PSAudio Komponenten?
Ich habe ein paar Avantgarde Acoustic Uno XD’s welche an AVM M4 Class A Monos hängen. Die Vorstufe ist eine AVM SD 5.2, der DAC ein PSAudio DS DAC.
Ein Rowen PT2000 für die Stromversorgung.

Here, let me help…

Does anyone have experience with avant-garde acoustic speakers and PSAudio components?
I have some avant-garde Acoustic Uno XD’s hanging on AVM M4 Class A Monos. The precursor is an AVM SD 5.2, the DAC a PSAudio DS DAC.
A Rowen PT2000 for the power supply.

Hi Jeff

Do you have experience with horn speakers?

I have heard many pairs of horns over the last few years, but only at high-end audio shows, not in my room and not with my associated equipment. Unfortunately, I would not qualify myself as someone that could provide any useful feedback with regard to your question. I’m sure someone here has though and can chime in.

@bumae74,

I noticed on the background photo in your profile that you have those great looking Avant Garde Uno XD Acoustic horn loudspeakers already. Could you perhaps share some of your experience to the PS Audio Forum users.

If your question is regarding SP Audio Power amplifiers:

PS Audio’s philosophy for feeding the speakers is quite the opposite approach of what your system represents.

You utilise delicate high end class A power amplifiers with vey high efficient (107 dB) horn loudspeakers. For class A power amplifiers the AVM 4M, delver high power output. I trust your AVM M4’s pure class A power amplifiers are a really good match to your Avantgarde horn loudspeakers.

PS Audio’s power amplifier philosophy is about being able to drive even the most low efficient speakers with seemingly unlimited reserves of power. I trust the BHK series amps are cable of driving the Avantgarde speakers, but question if the sheer overkill of available power improves the sound over your pure class A power amplifiers.

If your question is regarding SP Audio Pre amplifiers:

The AVM SD 5.2 is a hybrid valve pre-amp with integrated DAC and RCA analog inputs only (similar approach to the BHK Pre Amp). The BHK Pre Amp offers fully balanced inputs and has no internal DAC which could potentially cause noise in the delicate pre-amp stage. You apparently made the integrated DAC in the AVM SD 5.2 redundant by adding the PS Audio DS DAC with isolated fully balanced outputs to your system.

The AVM SD 5.2 has no balanced XLR analog inputs. As such both visually and for sound quality reason the PS Audio BHK Pre Amp would be a good option / addition for your system, but I am not sure if the BHK Pre-Amp power output matches the AVM M4 power amp inputs. PSA BHK Pre Amp output level is 4 Vrms with an output impedance of less than 100 Ohm. But you can call PS Audio and provide them your Power amp input data, see:
Operating manual AVM Evolution M4
Whether it really sounds better I don’y know, I trust only a listen in your system and in your room will tell, maybe you can contact your Swiss PS Audio dealer and ask him for a demo unit that you can loan.

If your question is regarding SP Audio supply power conditioning:

You have the Rowen power isolation transformer. The PS Audio Power Regnerators do a much better job at providing clean and consistent power to your system. The PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 offers the same form factor as the DS DAC and the BHK Pre and an abundance of clean electrical power (1200 VA at 230 V) to feed your high efficient system.

Just a question to a Swiss High End audiophile:

I had the pleasure to listen to Rowen fully bi-pole speakers. Those sounded terrific I remember. May I ask what made you decide to go with the Avantgarde speakers rather than the Rowen Symphony S12 or Rowen Absolute A12?

Best regards from The Netherlands.

1 Like

I have Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns ( 1st Gen ) .
What questions do you have?
My DirestStream DAC drives my amplifiers directly, no pre.

Was für Verstärker benutzen sie?
Ich kann ihnen wärmstens empfehlen den DAC über eine Vorstufe zu betreiben. Bei mir hat das exttem viel gebracht. Deutlich musikalischer

Kann ich bestätigen. (I can second that).

Which is why I purchased the Stellar Gain Cell DAC. And based on @bumae74 ‘s question elaborated on the PS audio Pre Amp that would more fit his system.

My CD had volume control, I used it with my active monitors before I had the Stellar Gain Cell DAC, the Stellar pre amp section makes a difference of night and day.

Für mich ist extrem wichtig bei Lautsprechern, das man auch sehr leise hören kann. Das behaupten zwar viele Hersteller, klappen tut es aber meistens nicht… Die Bühne fällt zusammen, der Bass wird undefiniert usw.
Nicht so bei guten Hörnern, da wird es einfach leiser, aber alles ist noch da.
Zudem ist ein Horn viel gutmütiger bei der Raumakustik, da der Schall gebündelt wird und der Einfluss von Seitenwänden Decke und Boden viel geringer sind.
Zudem die anspringende Livehaftigkeit der Darstellung.
Diese unglaubliche Dynamik kriegt man nur mit Hörnern hin.

Ich hatte das Glück eine komplette PSAudio Kette bei mir zuhause zu testen. DSDac sr., BKH Pre, P12 und BKH 250.
Bleiben durfte aber nur der DAC.
Der BKH Pre tönte sehr gut, war aber keine Verbesserung im Vergleich zum AVM SD 5.2.
Der P12 brachte klanglich auch keinen Vorteil gegenüber des PT 2000.
Dass die BKH 250 auch nur mit angezogener Handbremse fahren konnte war mir klar, sie musizierte aber auch sehr eindrucksvoll an den Hörnern. Der Mehrwert gegenüber der AVM Monos war mir aber zu gering wenn man den Preis berücksichtigt.
Aber der DAC… Der ist eine Wucht.
Schon bei den ersten Tönen war klar dass er gekauft wird!
Zu Rowen Lautsprechern:
Ich habe die A10, 12 und 20 gehört, bin aber nicht begeistert.
Der ganze Raum füllt sich mit Musik, einen eigentlichen Sweetspot gibt es nicht.
Aber leider gibt es auch keine differenzierte Bühnendarstellung und der Bass ist sehr unpräzise. Nichts für mich.

1 Like

Wenn sie wirklich gute Lautsprecher aus der Schweiz hören wollen, empfehle ich die Piega Coax 711.

1 Like

Vielen Dank, für die sehr hilfreiche Information. So lernt man immer dazu. Auf Basis dieser Information glaub ich, dass ich muss mir mal Hornlautsprecher anhören muss. Ihre Anlage sieht sehr gut aus interessant dabei ist, dass der PS Audio die wohl als Digital Pioniere geltende AVM schlägt.

Aber DSD bewährt sich auch schon bei meiner Anlage. Der Hersteller der die Sonoma DSD Aufnahme Geräte weiter entwickelt hat und fertigt ist in der Schweiz ansässig. Interessant, oder?

Ich hatte mir die ROWEN 2+2 damals bei HiFi Zur Mühle in Luzern ausführlich anhören dürfen. Herr Zur Mühle Junior hatte sich voll die Zeit genommen das Prinzip zu erklären und die Lautsprecher mit verschiedenen, für mein Budget, top Verstärkern vor zu führen. Deutlich ist, dass die ROWEN aktiv mit den von ROWEN zur Verfügung gestellten Aktiv Filtern betrieben werden sollten. Habe im Leben noch nie einen so freundlichen und hilfsbereiten Händler getroffen wie dort.

Sogar der zwei Stufen kleinere Bruder des DS DAC der SGCD klingt einfach fantastisch, er kam zudem mit voll symmetrischer Vorstufe die vom Klang her eine große Verbesserung brachte.

Freundliche Grüße, Rudolf

Sie können schreiben an Morten

https://high-performance.dk/

1 Like

und an die Deutsche Bank oder die UBS.

1 Like